Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooooo, I am afraid to bring up some of the mistakes that made impacts. I am afraid it will knock scabs off for some. But, I did get a reaming for defending the Molto Dolce radioshow ad on here. I had no idea that so many members were as sensitive to women being portrayed as sexy.

I seemed to fire up the forum one time when using the phrase "big enough to hold a dead hooker" to emphasize how big a cooler was. I think that one got deleted.

Cortez was good about giving me a heads up when he thought that I had seemed rather harsh about a tobacco or blend, especially when I was a mod. But, now I can't really do much about it.
I did have a street fight in a thread when I may have over-hyperboyle-ied in a thread about corncob pipes, which led to me being labelled a cob hater, ha ha.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Haha a therapy session - a free one at that. I'd like to share my story of abuse suffered at the hands of Cosmic. I'm still working through it. I posted a pic of my cool unfinished Savinelli that was coloring so nicely and Cosmic pointed out that is was merely a filthy pipe and that I needed to practice better hygiene. Bastard. I forgive him though....

OHHH, there was also the time I screwed up an entire thread after becoming a mod, I didn't close an html tag while playing with changing the color of fonts, and an entire thread changed to a red bold color. I eventually figured out my mistake, but it did seem to blow people's minds... as well as my own. It was only embarrassing in that I had no idea what I had done wrong.
Then there was that time all of us mods were in Kevin's jet headed to Cancun, and Didi got locked in the bathroom, and, ha ha, it was so funny, we had to use a wine bottle opener and a caviar knife to... oh, never mind. You meant "on" the actual forum. :puffy:

Timt, sorry, I don't think I was making a fact, I was more like asking in a round about way. I had just read the argument that was made on another forum's thread about a youtube flame out that started when a woman pipesmoker who keeps her hands very clean pointed out that he natural finished pipes never patina'd. I, I, I, have no actual opinion or facts about that. It just pooped out of my head and onto the post. Sorry bout that. :puffy:

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Well, we've all made a lot of progress today, haven't we? A bit of a breakthrough, I'd say.
My invoice is in the mail.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I realize I did a clever pun in the title of this thread, which could mean either bloopers made in posts, or confessions of mistakes after doing posts. That's my penance for my confessed and unconfessed bloopers, I guess. Of course, the pun was unwitting ... I confess. If I keep this up, I will have to build a confessional.

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
Well after having seen all the responses so far, I'm suddenly not feeling so bad about my own faux pas yesterday. However, I'm sure that mistake will not be my last or my penultimate one :wink:

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I seem to recall mentioning going deeper into the bowel when you're relighting without the concern of burning the rim. That prompted a couple of comments...

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
The BOWEL bloopers are always great. It took me a while to find more..
The best BM thread http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/whats-the-shortest-smoke-you-allow-yourself

4MW2pbs.jpg

Others

uzefcLz.jpg

vd9lzKT.jpg

YvJ4y0M.jpg

pnkx7NN.jpg

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
For the first two years I posted here, I posted under two different accounts. Only Peckinpahombre ever caught on...
Then there was the time I described Semois as tasting like armpit sweat...

Dec 24, 2012
For the first two years I posted here, I posted under two different accounts. Only Peckinpahombre ever caught on...
I remember that day very well:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/a-meeting-with-brdavidson-amp-pruss-the-ruse-exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.