PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Any way you want to look at it, we're just blessed to have so many wonderful, affordable Lat blends available to us here in the States.
Penzance is a nice tobacco: pleasant to be sure, but thank you God, there's no shortage of Stimulus Package, Old Ironsides, Nightcap, SOTE and my favorite lighter smokes: Balkan Sasieni and 10 to Midnight.
Fnord

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
We're inundated, bombarded, saturated with and have modern classics coming out of our ears, but people can't stand not having constant access to one blend.
Perhaps as a consequence of too many options? Just a working thought.
I find the first two to be Lat bombs whereas Penzance tastes much more balanced to me.
This seems to be the generally not articulated reason why some blends are found preferable to others. It reminds me of a comment someone made about the "maturity" of some blenders over others. Still chewing over that one.
I have a few pounds of Penzance happily aging, and it's safe from me because I detest the stuff. I have it to share with those who love it but who can't ever get any due to the glassy eyed lemmings.
Will you share the reason(s) why you detest it?

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
Quiet Nights is the classy brother of Gaslight. Gaslight to me needs atleast a few years of aging.
I'm not much for big latakia blends anymore, but when Gaslight first came out, I was all over it. I liked it better than Quiet Nights for reasons I can't really articulate. Your post reminds me that I'm looking forward to Gaslight at a few years of age, even if blends in that genre aren't really a staple for me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.