PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigmapiguy

Might Stick Around
Jul 19, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
My personal favorite is Keurig Green Mountain Coffee's Dark Magic. It's very bold, strong, and certainly helps with all-night study benders 8O

Jul 12, 2011
Question on ibrik (since I MUST have now) is copper better then brass and what do you suggest on all around x-oz size for everyday two to three cups worth at a time :)
Also suggestion on Turkish coffee to get as well....

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
It's funny... The Cafe Bustelo is IN the Goya section at the store, so I always assumed that it was a product of Goya. Just found out they aren't. 8O
-Jason

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
atsymbol.gif
Thesmokindragon
The larger the better if you want to make more than one or two Turkish Coffees at a time.

Mine is small maybe 4 fluid ounce capacity, but it only yield one "demitasse" at a time.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I got three Ibriks, the traditional one from Turkey and two teflon coated ones (which are much bigger than the turkish ibrik). I've been making turkish coffee almost everyday since I got them and it is very nice. Tonight I'll try it with some added cardamom.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Ice coffee , place 1/2 pound of ground coffee of you choice in about a quart and a smidgen of cold water . Go to work , when you get home drain through a filter . You will now have ice coffee mixins . This is way better than useing old hot coffee . You guys will have to trust me on this one as it takes a 1/2 pound of coffee . The finer the grind the better it works . Dilute to your taste .

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Good topic Kevin! We order from java cabana by the case. We get the Cafe Estrella blend. We use a french press for the wife and I but use the drip coffee maker when we have guests. I ordered an iced coffee french press (its just larger) for the wife's birth day and it came damaged. So we have to send it back. We love cold brewing the coffee in the french press. I use 4-5 scoops and room temp water. Stir it up with a chop stick cover the beaker and let it set on the counter over night. Then you just wake up, press the plunger down, add some sweetened condensed milk. It is almost like a Vietnamese coffee you get at Vietnamese sandwich shops.
Any one else use sweetened condensed milk? I almost always drink coffee black but if you make supper strong coffee it takes the edge off it nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.