Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Thank you ? I have smoked it today and it smoked wonderful. Posted a picture in this thread a few posts up as well as “What Are You Smoking” thread

Missed it! Awesome! Was it comfortable? That shank has to make it extra light but its still a foot long. I hope it brings you many happy smokes!

Reactions: cshubhra

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Awesome pipe! I also had Scottie make one very similar (Along with a miniature, more practical version) specifically built for smoking shag cuts. You will enjoy it thoroughly. For a pipe that long to weigh only a little over an oz is pretty remarkable. Turning it on the lathe must be like standing next to an airplane prop.

fbf4b8d8-235f-4e6f-9c58-bda0a565778e.jpg

16a08985-3881-4e52-bf5d-b8d3f4725c6a.jpg
83b6877f-8715-4413-8206-fd7320eb5f4e.jpg

AlanH

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
I wanted to buy a Scottie Piersel pipe for quite some time. I think she is one of the most talented carvers working today. However, it was quite hard to get hold of one: Every time one popped up for sale, it was already gone before I could look at it. So one Friday, two weeks back I contacted her for a commission.

Scottie is known for her iconic pencil shanks, which his her signature style. I selected one, which she was working on. I was looking for a pencil shank, traditional bowl shape, smooth natural finish if possible, but sandblast was also OK. I wanted a reddish stem, and chose a traditional Cumberland.

My bad luck, when the pipe was shaped it could not be finished smooth, due to a couple of very minor flaws and discolorations. We discussed and decided to sandblast. Scottie suggested to try a two tone finish, which would make the grains pop, and I went with her choice.

This pipe has excellent grain all around, and is 12 inches long (I have placed one of my standard Dunhills for comparison). I am extremely pleased, and can’t wait to smoke it.

Scottie sent a bunch of pictures and videos when she was making the pipe - I have posted the very first picture when I selected thisView attachment 111328View attachment 111329View attachment 111330View attachment 111331View attachment 111332View attachment 111333View attachment 111334View attachment 111335
Wow that is nice I would snap it for sure ??

Reactions: cshubhra
Awesome pipe! I also had Scottie make one very similar (Along with a miniature, more practical version) specifically built for smoking shag cuts. You will enjoy it thoroughly. For a pipe that long to weigh only a little over an oz is pretty remarkable. Turning it on the lathe must be like standing next to an airplane prop.

View attachment 111842

View attachment 111843
View attachment 111844
Thank you ? Smoked excellent from the first smoke, as it was expected. ? Yours are beautiful ?