PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
I’m at the point where these special releases don’t trigger the slightest desire to grab some, no matter how much in my wheelhouse they are. Go figure.

One of the downsides of an ample cellar, I suppose. More new stuff for the rest of y’all.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
TX
I’m at the point where these special releases don’t trigger the slightest desire to grab some, no matter how much in my wheelhouse they are. Go figure.

One of the downsides of an ample cellar, I suppose. More new stuff for the rest of y’all.
So, language used like limited -edittion, limited quantities, and extremely limited, stock up today...along with exclamation marks doesn't trigger you anymore??? Really?Screenshot_20230125-191753~2.pngScreenshot_20230125-191631~2.pngScreenshot_20230125-191527~2.png

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
I got 4oz of the first batch thanks to the kindness of @B.Fee and I really like it. I thought it was released at 6pm eastern today and wcc and wilke all said sold out then. Smokingpipes and cupojoes still have it. That said id like 4oz. Not a full brick. If anyone bought the pound and wants to split a brick ping me
WCC and Wilke, I believe, had some in stock before the release tonight. I've noticed that with other releases as well, smaller shops like Wilke have it in stock before the bigger guys put it out.

Reactions: Zero

geoffs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2022
Ontario
Last year was limited to 1000 lbs. Any mention of the limit this year? I have a feeling everyone who wants some will have a good chance to pick it up.

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
Grabbed a brick from TobaccoPipes. Very much enjoyed this last time around and I'll be happy to have another pound to lock away. We'll see if they can rope me into this again next year.

Reactions: OSOBUCO

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
Grabbed a brick from TobaccoPipes. Very much enjoyed this last time around and I'll be happy to have another pound to lock away. We'll see if they can rope me into this again next year.
I won't be buying any. Looks like a blend I'd like but the buy-in is too steep for something I've never tried and customs would probably slap a $200 surcharge on top of it coming across the border. They should sell it in tins. Oh well.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I don’t think I can try a blend by buying a whole pound, wish they would offer it bulk- like for a short period before the release you could only get 1/2 oz or something. No problem with a lb if I know I like it

Reactions: Elric
If you're hesitant, or if you just have been repulsed by some C&D blends... then skipping these small batches is probably best.
Me, I haven't had a C&D that I have been intrigued with. I haven't smoked one that made me go "WTF". Also, every small batch, I have loved, so laying out a tad over $100 for 2 lbs just isn't a big deal to me. That is merely one night of taking my family out to eat. It doesn't hurt me, so to speak. I know that just about any tobacco will appeal to me at some point... except Mixture 79, Carter Hall, or anything with cherry or mint in it. puffy
Other than those... I can afford to gamble.

However, if you have had a blend that if someone forced you to smoke again, you decided you'd rather lay in the floor kicking a screaming like a 4 year old... then just skip these. Let the big boys play.

I mean one pound is just $65... I've paid more than that for a bottle of Japanese whiskey that stripped all of the flesh out of my throat, and I had to pour it down the sink. It was just a learning experience for me.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
If you're hesitant, or if you just have been repulsed by some C&D blends... then skipping these small batches is probably best.
Me, I haven't had a C&D that I have been intrigued with. I haven't smoked one that made me go "WTF". Also, every small batch, I have loved, so laying out a tad over $100 for 2 lbs just isn't a big deal to me. That is merely one night of taking my family out to eat. It doesn't hurt me, so to speak. I know that just about any tobacco will appeal to me at some point... except Mixture 79, Carter Hall, or anything with cherry or mint in it. puffy
Other than those... I can afford to gamble.

However, if you have had a blend that if someone forced you to smoke again, you decided you'd rather lay in the floor kicking a screaming like a 4 year old... then just skip these. Let the big boys play.

I mean one pound is just $65... I've paid more than that for a bottle of Japanese whiskey that stripped all of the flesh out of my throat, and I had to pour it down the sink. It was just a learning experience for me.
Agreed. Folklore is actually my favorite C&D blend by a wide margin.