PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chalaw87

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2021
Northeast TN
No, I did not get any cigarish flavors. It is sometimes added to enhance the mouth feel of the smoke. Most of the distinct cigar flavors come from the actual leaf touching your lips as you smoke, moreso than just the flavor of the smoke. But, it did add a certain spiciness unique to cigar blends of pipe tobaccos.

6PM, awesome, so I won't have to miss it.
Great, thanks for information. Im not a cigar guy at all.

Chalaw87

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2021
Northeast TN
There are some cigar blends that are very good. Hearth and Home's Virginia Spice is very good, and the cigar definitely just adds to the mouth feel of the smoke.

If I didn't know, I would never assume that cigar was in Folklore at all.
I think youve cost me some money, cause now Ill probably try to snag some Folklore. ha I appreciate the information on cigar flavor vs mouth feel; Ive never heard/read that before.

Steddy

Lifer
Sep 18, 2021
Western North Carolina
What happened to the old midnight release time? Did enough retiree pipe smokers complain about having to stay up past 60 Minutes?

Here’s a question for you, are more people home at midnight or 6:00pm. The answer is midnight.
12:00am- more people are home with nothing to do other than sleep.
6:00pm- more people are at work, commuting, or busy with family.

If you can’t stay up till 12:00am or are too lazy to set an alarm and get out of bed you don’t want it bad enough.

It’s been a while since someone bitched about release times. I am curious if the new 6:00pm release time has made it impossible for more of has to even have a chance. I wish it was at 3:00am. Wake up for it or miss it.

What happened to the old midnight release time? Did enough retiree pipe smokers complain about having to stay up past 60 Minutes?

Here’s a question for you, are more people home at midnight or 6:00pm. The answer is midnight.
12:00am- more people are home with nothing to do other than sleep.
6:00pm- more people are at work, commuting, or busy with family.

If you can’t stay up till 12:00am or are too lazy to set an alarm and get out of bed you don’t want it bad enough.

It’s been a while since someone bitched about release times. I am curious if the new 6:00pm release time has made it impossible for more of has to even have a chance.
With the last releases or so SP seemed to have some technology glitches, so it would make sense that they would release it when they might have staff available. Are you bitching now? If you can't access their website from your phone wherever you are, you just night not want it bad enough. puffy

Steddy

Lifer
Sep 18, 2021
Western North Carolina
With the last releases or so SP seemed to have some technology glitches, so it would make sense that they would release it when they might have staff available. Are you bitching now? If you can't access their website from your phone wherever you are, you just night not want it bad enough. puffy
I’m bitching now just like you used to bitch about the old midnight release. I can’t find a pipe smoking emoji so just imagine one.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I enjoy the standard catalog blends by C&D so much that I don't chase their new releases. I did buy two tins of their Eight State Burley and haven't opened either yet. I like Billy Budd, Old Joe Krantz original, Stratfordshire, Bayou Night, Mountain Camp, Tuggle Hall, and so on. Rather than buy some new product, I go back to an old one. I started with C&D back in its North Carolina days, so I guess I'm set in my ways. That was their middle period, since they started in a garage in Pennsylvania.

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Reviews last year were so mixed and kinda meh, I felt no desire to get any again this year. Maybe I'll trade somebody for a sample if something changed and this year is better.
Kinda seems like a lot going on tobacco wise.

Reactions: Elric

Brewfan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 5, 2021
Louisville, KY, USA
Kinda seems like a lot going on tobacco wise.
It is, and that complexity is its strength, for me. I find myself really enjoying it when I smoke it every few days after my normal rotation of Virginia, capers, and codgers. It seems vastly different by comparison and that shock to my palate helps me enjoy the nuances of my regulars when I return to them. Lakelands have the same benefit for me.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Bought 2 last year, still have 1 3\4 lb. Not a bad blend, but it's not something that appeals to me often. WCC Elf Dandruff is an interesting blend as well, but I still have about 400 grams of that left. Ennerdale is another one. While I like it, its something I smoke occasionally.

Doesn't look like it's flying off the shelves this time around...

Hmmm, now that I mentioned Ennerdale...

I've just got way too much tobacco.

Reactions: UpArrow and Brewfan