PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I never used to get a flu shot because I never got the flu. People around me at the studio would be dropping like flies and I'd just be sailing on. But when I hit my 60's I started getting the flu. So I've been getting the flu shot every year since then. It's free.
I've not had any reaction to it other than the occasional temporary ache at the injection site.

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
I used to never take my Dr up on the flu shot until I caught the flu in my 20’s. Now, flu shots come annually with the arrival of Fall. I don’t even think twice about it. I never have bought into the tale of flu shots making you sick. Perhaps they do for some folks but I haven’t contracted so much as a sniffle or sneeze from almost 20 years of shots.

Reactions: BROBS and dcon

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I'm 73 yrs old and get a flu shot every year. Before last year I didn't have so much as a cold in 15 yrs. Last year I skipped the shot and got two upper lung infections (Nov & Feb). Could it have been Covid-19. Don't know, I wasn't tested because they didn't have Covid-19 testing at that time. My wife also got it from me. We stayed home (no visitors) for two weeks and took large amounts of antibiotics to get rid of the infections. This year (Oct) I will get the flu shot and will ask my doctor to check me for Covid-19 antibodies. My wife refuses to get a flu shot and if they come out with a Covid-19 vaccine, she refuses to get that also. She claims there's a tracking chip in the vaccine. I think she just likes wearing a mask because she doesn't have to wear her dentures when she goes out. I just shake my head. I'll get the vaccine when it is offered.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Mods are taking the weekend off?
They finally closed that one. I believe that, there is a very astute reason that Kevin did not want any of these pandemic related threads. They predominantly turn political. The biggest gripe I have about political threads( other than being strictly against the rules of this forum) is that, once I view someone’s “political” musings, it permanently reflects, for me, upon that member’s views on the subjects germain to this forum; pipes and tobacco. And, as I have previously mentioned, I am a political scientist, just not here...

Status
Not open for further replies.