PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

brandopipes

Lurker
Apr 17, 2014
I moved from Colombia to North Miami Beach a couple of months ago. Would be nice to have some smoking time with fellows in Miami area.

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
Polk County seems to be a barren wasteland when it comes to pipe collectors. I had my first visitor in the workshop a couple of weeks ago. A nice fellow from the Tampa area made the short trip over to Lakeland and hung out for the day. He was interested in making pipes and wanted to see some of the steps involved in the process. We chatted and smoked all day while I rushed through a straight billiard. I skipped many of the time consuming steps that would have made it a real high-grade pipe, but in the end he got to see a whole pipe made from start to finish.
It was really nice to have some company in the shop, and my door is always open... hint, hint. :D

Just be sure to call ahead!

jerexify

Lurker
Jun 3, 2014
I'm new to this forum, so first things first: Hey everybody! Now, on to my question: Are these gatherings still happening? I'm in the West Melbourne area myself, but I'd be willing to travel. And, if anyone else in the Brevard county area wants to meet up for a smoke sometime, that'd be cool too.
Thanks guys!

-j

smokinbrewer

Lurker
Jun 1, 2014
Hey Jerexify, welcome. I am new to this site and live in Melbourne. Psalmist4him, who lives in Palm Bay, was trying to get a group together last year in Brevard. I PM'd him about a week ago but have not heard anything yet. No idea how often he comes to the forums.

jerexify

Lurker
Jun 3, 2014
Is Psalmist4him the one who put the Brevard County Club post up in it's own thread? I was going to message him, too, but unfortunately had some password issues when I first tried to sign up with the site. Anyways, that would be awesome if we could get a club going around here, but if the other club is still going in Boca or Tampa, and we don't have enough interest from the local Brevardians, I'd still be willing to drive, if that club is still meeting. Anyways, hope we can get something goin'!

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
cigarsmker, welcome to the site. Looks like we will have to have a get together for all the guys willing to drive to Sarasota as I can definitely host.
Give me enough lead time, and I'll make the short hop over from Lakeland...

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Howdy Sunshiners. I'm cozily ensconced in a condo in Silver Springs Shores (a sub division of the greater Ocala/Marion County area). I talk pipes with former pipers @ my seniors softball league, and haven't encountered anyone yet who is 'active'.
I stopped into a little so called pipe and tobacco store on Hgwy40...(Silver Springs Blvd) and all they had was some crappy unnamed wood, unnamed mfr. pipes for ridiculous prices and one can each of Captain Black, Carter Hall and something else...the pipes and the backy were all over $50.00.
The Indian store owner and I discussed business a few minutes...he wasn't at all interested in bringing in any quality. His big seller I guess was cheap RYO and off brand cigs.
I don't know of any decent B&M around here. Anyone? I'm sure there has to be a huge contingent of pipers because of the huge contingent of retirees. I'm in the contingent. I am a contingent.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Brokenkrayon, welcome to Jacksonville. What side of the city do you live? Another member of the forums recently moved here and I'm helping him buy a house. Maybe we could all meet up somewhere soon.