Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
@tobefrank, I want to explore VA’s and VaPers so I ordered one ounce of each to try:
1. PS Luxury Bullseye Flake
2. PS Luxury Navy Flake
3. PS Luxury Twist Flake
4. Comoy’s Cask #4
5. Newmister #400 Superior Navy Flake

and a few ounces of ribbon cut tobaccos that I wanted to try As well like C&D Autumn Evening, Arango Supreme Balkan and Match Victorian (Elizabethan).

Can’t wait to get the order!
Nice!!!

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
I've tried everything and the damn thing just doesn't stay lit.

I hate flake.

Yes, yes, yes, I'm drying it enough.

Probably been eloquently answered already however.....
My answer is don't worry about it. I too have had flakes which have defied all attempts at staying lit....some even took a flame thrower to get lit in the first place. SG 1792 flake was especially a bugger for me whie other smokers seem to love it.
I just avoid those flakes and stick to those that don't give me bother.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
Probably been eloquently answered already however.....
My answer is don't worry about it. I too have had flakes which have defied all attempts at staying lit....some even took a flame thrower to get lit in the first place. SG 1792 flake was especially a bugger for me whie other smokers seem to love it.
I just avoid those flakes and stick to those that don't give me bother.
I love 1792 and Dark fake but find both take many attempts to light no matter how much I dry them,I have to rub them out i cant fold and stuff them

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I keep 'em under my armpit overnight, that fluffs them up noice and good for the early morning bowl, just hold your pipe to your pit when initiating morning stretch and it should sort of plop in there, being good and balled up providing you got a good 8 hours in. (All the other methods seemed fairly well covered).