PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Just wanting to let everyone here know that I regret posting the issue that I had with Bengal Slices in the open forums, that was a bad judgement call on my part, I should have brought that concern to SToP personally. I have nothing but the utmost respect for what they do. The Bengal Slices in question is dried out but perfectly smokeable and I'm enjoying it very much and I am a happy customer. I don't want this getting out of hand as we've seen with other subjects here recently. It's all good, man. Saul Goodman.

Good on you Hawky!!! I try to avoid posting the worst about a company in public, like that Russ forgot to put a calendar in my last order. Nope, no reason to bring that to everyone's attention. I am sure that I was not singled out and forbidden one of those much coveted calendars on purpose. Just three or four consecutive years of having one on the wall of my studio. I am certain that they just "forgot" to put it in the box. Nope, not once did I think that Russ didn't want me to know what sales were going to happen on which month. Nope, nope, nope. Just an accident... I'm sure. :puffy:

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I was at my B&M in Vancouver and all the Solani tins are now round. A few square Dunhill Flakes on the shelves as well, but they seemed to be the last ones. I did notice that there is Klondike Gold in round tins as well, but still had the square labels.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Good on you Hawky!!! I try to avoid posting the worst about a company in public, like that Russ forgot to put a calendar in my last order. Nope, no reason to bring that to everyone's attention. I am sure that I was not singled out and forbidden one of those much coveted calendars on purpose. Just three or four consecutive years of having one on the wall of my studio. I am certain that they just "forgot" to put it in the box. Nope, not once did I think that Russ didn't want me to know what sales were going to happen on which month. Nope, nope, nope. Just an accident... I'm sure. :puffy:

:rofl:
I was at my B&M in Vancouver and all the Solani tins are now round. A few square Dunhill Flakes on the shelves as well, but they seemed to be the last ones. I did notice that there is Klondike Gold in round tins as well, but still had the square labels.
POSTED 1 HOUR AGO #

Yeah, I heard that Klondike Gold was still available in Canada but what does it cost, like $60?

coldsmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2016
Nunavut
Planta Empire Latakia
artikel_0205922_b_1.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have never had a square tin lose it's vacuum, where as I have had 2 round tins go bad. The round tins were both from Dan tobacco Hamborger Veermaster and Tordenskjold Virginia Slices. I have yet to open another Hamborger Veermaster as I am waiting until the tins get to 5 years old. I figure if I am going to have to re-hydrate anything, I at least want it 5 years old.
Russ's explanation of why they had to switch from square to round is the most stupidest of reasons I have ever heard. One thing is for sure, square tins are now going to be worth way more than round ones. I see a 60% increase in value from here on in, year over year. That means my square tins are going to be worth 300 percent more in 5 years. Does everyone agree with my ridiculous math skills?

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Well we wanted square tins for our War Horse Bar as well as having the Plug made from whole leaf but we were told such a demand was impossible so we meekly said 'Thank you very much kind Sir' but then declined the wholesaler reps generous offer that we each give him a BJ to show our gratitude! :rofl:

perjensen

Lurker
Jul 24, 2012
@unkleyoda - All flake tobaccos we ship to USA are packed in square tins except for the 1 lbs bulk versions. And by the way - great humor :)
@cigrmaster - You are quite right, I would never talk to you like that. Not that I am missing b... but because of my good upbringing :rofl:

Ha ha, and I think cgrmaster has better manners than he wants to admit also. But, MacBarens didn't offer any exchanges for the tins in the first releases that were rusting. He pretty much just said the tins were rusting, and explained. So, pretty much deal with it. Whereas C&D has been replacing tins like crazy this past year.
Luckily none of my tins were rusting. It most likely was cigrmaster's steamy lifestyle that was rusting them. :puffy:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
If memory serves me, and most times it doesn't... Harris, didn't you have some ODF tins loose vacuum and you discovered rust? Wasn't that what started the thread where Per Jenson told you to suck it up buttercup?
Haha! Will someone please link that thread? I love reading old threads from this forum particularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.