PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
My first smoke of the day starts in late afternoon or early evening most days.

I can't remember the last time I smoked before noon. It seems off-putting to me somehow and I can't get interested in a smoke until well after lunch.

Never occurred to me to have a regular first of the day, but I could see the value of planning it out if you're rolling out of bed and lighting a pipe. Some blends would put me right back into bed.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
If I had little sleep the night before then I reach for a blend with a good kick to jump start my day. If I've had a ton of beauty sleep, which is rare, then I might ratchet the blend down a notch in strength and make a greater effort to pair the pipe to the coffee blend.

I find myself reaching for strong C&D blends often...

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
I'm not much for smoking before noon, just by habit. I have my coffee with food and two required pills and supplements, and the pipe comes later. I put a little milk in my stovetop percolator coffee, and the milk coats my mouth and mutes the flavors of a pipe. As some may know, the percolator coffee is my thing. I make my wife a separate pot of French press, and she goes for elevated blends, whereas I drink Chock Full of Nuts or Maxwell House. Lately I have to settle for decaf, though I prefer regular, to make my disposition more upbeat in my codger-hood.
You are just used to that Navy "coffee" ;)

• Haha
Reactions: smknron and dcon