PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

runscott

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
Thanks guys. I may not smoke it, but it's the first of this shape (by any maker) that I've had in hand, so now I at least know it appeals to me.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The late great foggymountain had mostly Dunhills which he'd sold as a pipe shop staffer during his teens on Manhattan. When he was an elder, he bought mostly Dunhill/White Spots and mostly prince shape pipes. So I take this one as a sort of legacy of his. It's quite a find. I'm not a Dunhill guy, but I think that is a handsome pipe.

runscott

Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
The late great foggymountain had mostly Dunhills which he'd sold as a pipe shop staffer during his teens on Manhattan. When he was an elder, he bought mostly Dunhill/White Spots and mostly prince shape pipes. So I take this one as a sort of legacy of his. It's quite a find. I'm not a Dunhill guy, but I think that is a handsome pipe.

Thanks - yes, it's beautiful. I had been looking at this shape in a Trever Talbert pipe. Now that I know how nice the design is, I'll probably buy one from him.

mrverveus

Lurker
Dec 14, 2019
I have 2 of these Dunhill shapes (Prince?). One a birth year estate and the other I bought new. Beautiful pipes and they smoke nicely. Speaking of FoggyMountain, I bought a pipe off him not too long before he passed. A Dunnie size 6 panel. Wonderful smoker!

Merton

Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Thanks guys. I may not smoke it, but it's the first of this shape (by any maker) that I've had in hand, so now I at least know it appeals to me.
It is a beautiful pipe and you really should smoke it!

BTW, Ram on an interesting back story and one of my favorite Macca songs...Ram on...

Kan

Lurker
Jun 4, 2022
Birmingham, England.
I see no problems with it, getting something vintage is quite unique. Plus if you saw the beating my corn cob has taken you wouldn't think too much about the lathe marks XD