PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldguyoldpipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2019
I have been on a two-month experiment with LJ Peretti blends. I have smoked only LJ Peretti blends since Nov. 1st to see what I like. So far, I have not liked their English blends as a group, but I am in love with their flakes. Especially Cambridge and Boston Slices. I have tried the following English blends from them, but for some reason, I don't have a taste for them: Tashkent, Royal, Prince of Wales, Crown, D7485, Midnight and Loch Lomond. Of all these, only Midnight and Loch Lomond and maybe Crown were to my liking. I am liking several of their Cavendish blends, especially Ebony, Blend 432 and Thanksgiving Day. My 2 cents.

oldguyoldpipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2019
I don't believe I've educated my palette enough, yet, to start reviews, but I will add that I took delivery of a selection of Peretti blends this week. I tried Tashkent first and I enjoyed. Very subtle. Maybe a little too subtle for me, but I bought a tin, so we'll see... I see no mention at all of their Midnight blend on this site, at all, which after trying it today seems odd. Very smooth, sweet and silky.
Am a big fan of Midnight and Ebony.

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
I am primarily Va/Per guy, when I visited there last summer I talked to the blender and told him I hadn’t fell in love with an English yet. He asked me what I liked, I told him VaPer and he handed me their British blend. And i don’t smoke it too often, but when I do I am thoroughly satisfied!

grumpyoltroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
This years seemed rather different than two years ago in the top flavor. Two years ago I got more of a red wine coming through to go with the fruit. This years Thanksgiving had none of that red wine like escence at all. Still, a very nice smoke.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.