PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
Stonehenge Flake is a decent blend. One that would be perfect for someone who is unsure about Lakelands as it is VERY mild on the Lakeland sauce and if it wasn't labeled I don't think I would have classified this as a Lakeland to be honest. This and Hyde Park are the 2 Gowith blends that are easy to get your hands on.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I like this one quite a bit too. A but more burley wouldn't hurt, though if we're doing requests, I'd love to see Greg collaborate with Gawith on a dark, strong flake. One of the "English death-rattle flakes" as Greg referred to them when describing what Navigator was not.

Reactions: jaytex1969

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I was recently given a tin of this, which down here in NZ is as rare as hens teeth. I’m predominantly a burley smoker, but have managed to put away a handful of VaPer style blends for a change of pace. Most of these I’ll be cellaring for the long haul, but curious to hear what the ‘optimum’ age to smoke the henge is.
I've only had it fresh, but it's supposed to age legendarily well from everything I've heard and from what the original tins went for on the secondary market. It's one of the very m I have in my cellar, so I'd be curious what the feedback on original age is too.

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
I was recently given a tin of this, which down here in NZ is as rare as hens teeth. I’m predominantly a burley smoker, but have managed to put away a handful of VaPer style blends for a change of pace. Most of these I’ll be cellaring for the long haul, but curious to hear what the ‘optimum’ age to smoke the henge is.
I've only had it fresh, and it's incredible. It's quickly become one of my favorite blends. I just ordered 10 tins after smoking 3/4 of one.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I've only had it fresh, but it's supposed to age legendarily well from everything I've heard and from what the original tins went for on the secondary market. It's one of the very m I have in my cellar, so I'd be curious what the feedback on original age is too.

I was a superfan of this blend too until I tried an aged tin. Everything I loved died that day.
Taste is fickle thing.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I know you’re a big VaPer fan bro, do you lean towards smoking this one fresh/with a few years on it or put her away for longer?
Both. I do the same with Louisiana Flake. I bought some to cellar and some to smoke right away. As I run out of the right away stuff I just replace it with more and keep aging what's in my cellar.

The aged stuff is nice but it's not a massive difference.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Bought a few of the new release back in 2017. Popped one right away and thought nothing too special but that was par for the course with Pease blends. So it has sat since that time. I knew it would get better with age. Couldn't remember the deeming rules if this reintroduced blend would not be grandfathered in because of not having been continuously produced since Feb. 2007. So just bought ten more with the SP 15% discount

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Nice review... ?

I had Stonehenge and Stratford on my Tabac List, with the recent 15% at SPC I jumped, tins on the way!

Looking forward to them.

P.S. Windjammer was my recent first G.L. Pease purchase, a really nice blend too...

Wuce Brayne

Might Stick Around
Apr 19, 2021
Great review! Seems like an interesting blend. Perhaps I'll try to locate some. I'll admit to being a bit of a flake snob though.....so we shall see...

Reactions: Ahi Ka

OlJawBone

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2021
California
Smoking some of this for the first time and not getting an floral flavors. Lots of chocolate mixing with the mild virginia breadiness tho, and that is nice.

Reactions: jaytex1969