PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Bluemonter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2021
I took advantage of the SP sale. First time with this blend for me.

I was a bit put off by the cocoa tin scent, but after smoking a bowl, I found it to be a really interesting counterpoint to the Lakeland essence.

Two thumbs up from me. 'Ordered several more tins..
I've read this blend is almost identical to GH&Co Louisiana Perique. If I could ever find some, I'd do a side by side comparison.

Jun 23, 2019
I took advantage of the SP sale. First time with this blend for me.

I was a bit put off by the cocoa tin scent, but after smoking a bowl, I found it to be a really interesting counterpoint to the Lakeland essence.

Two thumbs up from me. 'Ordered several more tins..
I've read this blend is almost identical to GH&Co Louisiana Perique. If I could ever find some, I'd do a side by side comparison.

+1

I would also suggest Bob's Chocolate Flake. It's got a similarly strong cocoa tin note but the flavor is more of a complimentary flavor the the lakeland va/per.

Bluemonter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2021
+1

I would also suggest Bob's Chocolate Flake. It's got a similarly strong cocoa tin note but the flavor is more of a complimentary flavor the the lakeland va/per.
That's one of those Unobtainable tobaccos.... Is everyone panic buying lately?

Stonehenge smoked in a briar that is dedicated to Lakelands, is absolute delicious. I'll keep an eye out for Bob ?

Reactions: jaytex1969
Jun 23, 2019
That's one of those Unobtainable tobaccos.... Is everyone panic buying lately?

Stonehenge smoked in a briar that is dedicated to Lakelands, is absolute delicious. I'll keep an eye out for Bob ?

Wow, didn't realize basically every Gawith blend is bought out of stock. A quick Google resulted in no online retailer with it currently available, that's actually kind of shocking. I guess the recent boom in the hobby as well as tightening of restrictions are really getting people to shock up the cellars...

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Excellent review! I love that you included pictures with it, sure is a pretty flake.

I’ve only had one tin of this so far back when it was first rereleased in 2016, I believe? I wasn’t too fond of it then, I was quite disappointed if fact. It just seemed very unremarkable but I’m too familiar with this to know better than to write it off. I still have several tins aging in the cellar and this is making me look forward to revisiting this blend in the future. Could be, I just wasn’t ready for it back then. The truth is, everything tells me I should love this blend, hopefully next go round will yield different results.

Thanks for taking the time to write this excellent review!