First Dunhill - Found in Some Random Pipes that Came with a Display My Wife Bought on Facebook

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Practice on the Medico And find some old cheap pipes to work on while you learn to clean up pipes. Don’t experiment or learn, with the Dunhills, Comoys, GBD’s, or BBB’s. Save those for a pro, as everyone has mentioned. Those are really cool old pipes and as you learn more about them, you will see what a great haul you have.

With the above statement about seeking professional help, don’t skip part of the fun in pipe collecting. Learn to clean up and bring back old pipes. I am not super handy or super patient, but with research you can learn basic clean up. Check out rebornpipes - https://rebornpipes.com/ to learn step by step. It’s fun to do and very satisfying.

mbbuckland

Lurker
Mar 3, 2021
I love hearing stories like this, the pipe equivalent of "A Cobra in a Barn" (car story).

Just hang the case out of direct sunlight, and/or put a piece of auto tin on the back. Those Sherlock Holmes cases usually go for around $100-$150.
Nailed the price of the case. The pipes, old tins and a pack of Barclay cigs were thrown in.

Reactions: ofafeather