PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
only criticism I could level is maybe that power tools are somewhat dangerous. Seriously if you cut off a finger they make you teach shop class to high school students, you know as long as you're aware of what can happen.

Indeed the way I did it was dumb, but I'm mostly pretty careful. I got a base the angle grinder screws on that converts it to sort of a cutting wheel, I'll use this next time to at least not have to handle both the grinder and the wood at the same time.

Jul 19, 2020
Massachusetts
What kind of file are you using? I have a hobby block too and have only chipped away at it with a knife, but I’m realizing I need to do more than just use a knife. I have no tools or anything, though, so I’m thinking a file is the way to go.

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
Nice job! Be careful with those angle grinders, they are really dangerous. My brother had one kick back and got caught in his hair and then lodged itself in the back of his head last Christmas Eve. Not a pretty sight.

• Wow
Reactions: Rockyrepose

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
What kind of file are you using? I have a hobby block too and have only chipped away at it with a knife, but I’m realizing I need to do more than just use a knife. I have no tools or anything, though, so I’m thinking a file is the way to go.

Hello, never saw this post. I used a wood rasp and then a round file after the grinder to take all the edges and angles off, then quite a bit of work with 100 grit sandpaper, working up to 600.

Status
Not open for further replies.