PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sjohnston0311

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 11, 2023
Massachusetts, USA

briarphil

Lurker
Apr 2, 2017
While I have a large collection of nice tampers, I often use a roofing nail or a fuse, something of that nature. I'm sure when I'm gone people will assume that is just more useless junk and toss it out. Destined for a landfill, not an antique shop.

Reactions: edger

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Those are really cool. You said you sell them? May I ask where?
Wild guess but you might find some here now and then .. shhhh it's a secret

Don_Muertos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2023
Nicaragua
that works. I find the hand works better. you can stretch it out in such a way to create some suction (yeah I know how that sounds, no need for Alaskans to make any comments ;) ). Also animals poo where we walk but not on most of our hands.
Yeah, I don't go knock on my rubbers.

AvgKsHunter

Might Stick Around
Feb 1, 2023
Here are few that I found while going through my dads things. These were displayed with a large carved pipe that my grandfather brought back to the States from Europe during ww2. They are stamped "England" on the bottom. Don't know much about them.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 7
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 7
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 7

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
Southern U.S.A.
Just watched the latest episode of "The Curse of Oak Island". This time they dug up what they think is an old pipe tamper. Kind of looks like a ancient golf tee to me. They have found one or two broken stems from clay pipes, so maybe it is a tamper. Wish they would find the treasure and get it over with! Ten years is enough already! puffy