PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beach Man

Lurker
Jul 9, 2021
Most exhaust fans are measured in cfm (cubic feet per minute) of air moved. So your space is 8x8x15 = 960 cf. Now just decide how often you want/need that volume of air removed from your area.

Keep in mind these numbers are ideal. Some air will come in from the open front (A LOT) and reduce the efficiency of the smoke removal (i.e. not removing the smoke but sucking in and removing air from outside).

Just some thoughts. Good luck!
Thanks

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
TBH, I don’t think I would worry about it. At some point wind can bring any airborne scents back, even if they are vented to the roof. You only have the front open. Maybe burn a Lampe Berger. Those are cool. Not too expensive and you can make your own fuel from high % iso alcohol and essential oils.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Beach Man

Lurker
Jul 9, 2021
here is a big question will you annoy your neighbors or violate your lease by smoking? If it's the later then not worth doing.
Not a lease/ HOA issue at this time. But it IS California, so 100% ban is only a matter of time. I’ve almost convinced the spouse that moving away should be an option; not just for the pipes but general freedom issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.