PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbiker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2014
I'm a balsa and charcoal filter man, I like the slight resistance in the draw too. Maybe something you just get the feel for.

shane1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2014
Connecticut, USA
i exclusive;y use filters. I prefer the cooler, dryer smoke and feel i get a more accurate taste from my tobaccco. it did several side by side tests and decided on 9mm charcoal filtered pipes.
shane

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Most of the "filters" only partially filter the smoke; most of the smoke bypasses the filter. They will sop up some moisture, but why smoke wet tobacco? And there's no cooling effect, though if you think there is, there is for you.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I don't generally use any at all, but a few did come with a Rossi pipe I was gifted recently and I've used a couple in it since. I've also forgotten to add a new filter or replace it with the adapter and smoked several bowls without thinking about it with not a lot of difference other than having a more open draw. They will collect moisture for sure, but I dry my tobacco pretty well, so it doesn't absorb too much at all. I just prefer the taste without the filter blocking my path to pure deliciousness.

kimbiker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2014
After what I've previously said....tried a couple of smokes with the adaptor last night, good smoke. Ha ha it is an hobby of contradictions :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.