PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Absolutely Pete!!!! I can see Sandecker smoking a pipe behind the big desk in his NUMA office.....and Pitt relaxing in the hanger snuggled up with Lauren admiring his car collection with a nice briar apple; or standing on the deck of a NUMA vessel with Al....smoking a billiard

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
True.

I also would like to see more Dirk Pitt movies. Sahara was pretty good, but I'd like to see something like Arctic Drift turned into a movie.

I think Matthew McConaughey did a decent job as Pitt, but I'd like to see a different actor for Al. Not that Steve Zahn is a bad actor, he just doesn't fit the bill for Al.

I though William H Macy was a pretty good Sandecker as well.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
I agree..would love more movies... I was very disappointed with the casting though...William H Macy was ok as Sandecker, but I would prefer Jonathan Goldsmith (the most interesting man in the world)....and I would love to see Jon Favreau as Al...I still haven't come up with who should play Pitt yet....Matthew McConaughey just comes across too arrogant/cocky...Steve Zahn just didn't capture Al at all...that was a terrible casting job by the casting director...

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I really enjoyed the duo of mcConaughey and Zahn, while not exactly as described in the books. They played the part like old friends and both did a good job of making an enjoyable movie and I'd enjoy seeing a second one starring them.

dd50

Might Stick Around
Nov 21, 2013
It's animated, but Dr. Hibbert from The Simpsons would fit the bill for me.

tanko

Lurker
Feb 11, 2014
Not know much on this topic, but research on the internet and found this page that could solve all your doubts thanks https://www.cubancigarsbest.com/index.php/trinidad-cuban-cigars.html

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
Pee Wee Herman.
Why? Because today, he would be considered a hipster.
Ha-ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.