PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Growing up watching horror films and such I've always loved the old school coffins.Being a musician/guitarist I actually own a "Coffin Case" for my guitar.I was wondering if there was any "market" more or less for a pipe case in that shape, custom fit to that specific pipe? I understand it would be more of a novelty thing, as I don't use a case for mine usually but I would for a special pipe.Thanx in advance for any feedback.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I've seen those coffin cases for guitars and there pretty cool, but for a pipe? I know Peterson is coming out with a Dracula pipe, it would be sweet to put that in a coffin box!!

Aug 1, 2012
Not what you're probably thinking of but you could always get a pistol coffin case and use it for your pipes/accessories.

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Awww they have them for pistols?BOOO..I had no idea.Boo again..I thought I was on to something..lol

Aug 1, 2012
A custom pipe coffin case would be cool. I may have to break out the woodworking tools and see what I can come up with for my pipes. If I get around to it I will post pics.

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Hell yeah captainsousie,maybe we can work together on this.Put the best of what each has into one AWESOME product.

Aug 1, 2012
We'll see what I can come up with. School just started and I have about no time as we teachers work about 65-80 hours a week during the year. So, here's hoping I can get to it before Christmas.

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
Hmmm. . . may be bad for our image. I can hear the haters now: "If your coughin, then you better stop smokin', or you'll end up in a coffin!" But then again, it might be big enough to hold us if they are right! :nana:

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
I for one would want one... I mostly smoke freehand or larger pipes, and the pipe/tobacco cases I own won't hold them. (found a freehand style case online but they want over $200 for it..) Doesn't necessarily have to be a coffin, but that fits my personality and preference in movies... Please post pics if you start making one...

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Unfortunately, the crafty jewlery crowd has already beaten you to the punch...
300333_519019038112487_739472378_n.jpg

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Any they are made overseas and sold at a price you can't compete with and even cover the cost of materials. :twisted:

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I think it would be way cooler to see one made out of wood and all stained up. The black cloth ones just look silly in my opinion.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
That's true. The liner, the finish and the parts that would hold pipes and accessories could be the difference. You could even do a leather or vinyl covered version with an embossed logo.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Found this one on Amazon.com looks great with the small details added to it. But I couldn't find the measurements.

Product Details

Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 2.5 x 1.5 inches

Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)

Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.

ASIN: B002I0RHZG

Item model number: SS-Y-7696

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
There is one for sale on eBay. Not a bad price if you really want something like this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLD-COFFIN-SHAPED-PIPE-CASE-BOX-LEATHER-AND-VELVET-MUST-SEE-YOU-MAY-NEED-THIS-/290770168938?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b340ac6a

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Close but no Penzance..I am trying to work out the details of different factors to be incorporated like multi-pipes,baccy space tools/tampers space.I hope to have a prototype before Halloween.That's the "goal" anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.