PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
Thats insane!! in fact all i want to do is use a lot of four letter words strung together in an incoherent sentence.

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
Wow. I am honestly speechless. I hope this doesnt sound dumb but Pipes and Cigars is in NY. Will this effect their ability to sell these products online?

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
From what ive read, and im not sure its means anything different, this just allows the city to ban such tobacco if they want to. It not an actual law banning the tobacco, is that right? I know its bad enough but i was just curious.

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
is this similar to the sort of law that gave birth to all the blends we know as "english"?

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Sorry to hear that - especially for all you NYers out there. Will you still be able to order online from out of State? Of all the things they could ban, they pick on this!!??!!??!?!?!?!

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Also - Don't you have the right to the pursuit of happiness in the American constitution? Surely smoking a nice bowl of something like Peterson University Flake is pursuing happiness in ever sense of the word?

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
How does this affect e-tailers in NY from selling all our wonderful goodies?
Edit:nvm, it's just for the CITY... so any retail or etailers would have to move out of city limits... that's dumb

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
@Kevin
Good Article, Good information on how stupid and ignorant some of our lawmakers are, Of couse we already knew that from the get go. Now I dont feel so bad about stocking up 5 years of tobacco at a time.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Pipes and Cigars is in NY

Yes, but they're in Albany, so out of the purview of this ordinance.

an actual law banning the tobacco, is that right?

The way I read it, it only bans the sale of such products overtly stated as being flavored; interestingly, the ruling reinforces the federal claim to control the manufacture and distribution of such products.

How does this affect e-tailers in NY from selling all our wonderful goodies?

If I buy from a NY e-tailer I have it shipped to a PO box in Jersey to avoid the absurd taxes. I never buy a tin in NY (I do buy Nat Sherman bulk at the shop quite frequently). New York is shooting itself in the foot with these measures, and who benefits? Yes, I break the law regularly and engage in "grey market" practices. And I will continue to do so until the grey market becomes black, and then--well, let's just say I have a plan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvaEJzoaYZk&ob=av3e

Status
Not open for further replies.