PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbgoldwing55

Lurker
Feb 2, 2010
kevin its the mac-barren HH vintage syrian to me it taste like soap lol but maybe its just me and you have to have an aquired taste for it tried other mac-barren's tobacco's and none of the others have that effect on me . dont know why this one .

pbgoldwing55

Lurker
Feb 2, 2010
Question here why does everyone smoke captian black , royal , the white pouch , or the gold pouch ? these's are cheap tobacco's and you get what you pay for i guess .

pbgoldwing55

Lurker
Feb 2, 2010
well i have to mail order to phil but yeah i suppose your right got to take what ya can get . but holy cow captian black ? its just a vanilla cavendish . and bites to or at least it does to me , i guess im just picky in my tobacco's now that i have found others out there in the big world .

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
pbgoldwing55,

You gotta make some allowances for these guys. I guess they're just like "average hipsters or frat boys at university."
ps. Smoking P.A. in a cob, ROTF LMAO !!

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Smoking McClelland British Woods, a great English blend.
Everyone is a lot of people.
One can be a gentleman without being a snob. Same as, one can have class without money.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Nording Hunters Blend Pointer in a Nording silver band billard . Hey I like my Nording pipes .The dumbest man you will ever meet will teach you something . A saying from my great great grand dad from Sweeden .

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
I just finished my last pipe of the day.

I had a bowl of Middleton's Cherry Blend. I like that tobacco usually, but tonight it tasted pretty bad. I switched pipes, and it still tasted bad. I couldn't figure it out.

Then I happened to notice that i was puffing to fast. I have had some personal isuues going on today that left me a little pissed. I guessed that I was puffing way too much and way too fast. I slowed down and started sipping the smoke, and the old flavor I like started comming back.

So, everything is right with the world again. Lol.
I wonder if that is the reason one blend can taste different for different people. Everyone smokes a little differently I suppose.

Anyway, goodnight all.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
I received my order of Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake. Smoking it now, and even though I have smoked good flake its absence, it still reigns Supreme.
Yeah Max, when I was going through cancer, I had many things on my mind, and it was hard to smoke slow. At the same time, I may have lost it entirely had I not been able to have a nerve settling smoke.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Pbgoldwing55 Said:

Question here why does everyone smoke captian black , royal , the white pouch , or the gold pouch ? these's are cheap tobacco's and you get what you pay for i guess .
Because around here we go by the old saying "Smoke what you like and like what you smoke" and we REALLY mean it.
The best tobacco in the world is whatever blend that you are enjoying at that time.
The best pipe in the world is whatever pipe that you are enjoying at that time.
Price has nothing to do with it. It's about how much you enjoy a pipe and/or blend, not how much you spend on it.
I love a nice steak with a glass of wine, but a burger on the grill with beer or soda is great too!
Back on topic.....
I am not smoking anything right now, lol.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
Smoking P.A. in a Carey bent billiard, been off line for several days its good to get back in touch with everyone, happy smokes.
Wes

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
This morning was:
Tabac Sherman # 580 - Liberty Golden Virginia.
This afternoon I am currently smoking:
Tabac Sherman Old Oxford No. 649
This is the tobacco Michael Gladis and I smoked during his interview.
He liked it so much that I gave him my 2 oz bag.
Old Oxford No. 649 is super good. You can't get it on the website. You have to call the store directly and place a special order.
I just got a pound of it I like it so much.
nat-sherman-old-oxford-649.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.