PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
She's given me a lot to think about. Being with her at the reunion made me feel like I was 16 again. Crazy.
Take it slow, you're an artist now, not a kid, so shape it skillfully. Like a dance, it's a joint effort. But most importantly, enjoy the life in both of you. Just some well meant perspective from an old timer.

TheSt0rm

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2022
well, I've smoked nicotiana rustica before. I literally, washed green leaves dried them and smoked them as a cigarette.

TBH I was not that impressed with it's "nicotine" content. I mean sure, it was a good smoke, and I probably could have made it better but come on... it was not putting me on the floor or anything.
Infact it seemed like it had mild, whatever content. didn't even give me much of a buzz if anything.

but then again I could have made it better. Like ,humidity and my washing technique may have been a factor. Also smoking technique. I was inhaling it. maybe it was not really prepared for the most optimal absorption with inhaling... but I was able to inhale it with no problems...

so yeah who knows maybe I can try it again later on.. since i'm always learning how to better my technique of washing the leaves...

larryspencer

Might Stick Around
May 12, 2009
West Texas
These people inside the beltway are a riot, always trying to change something, for the good of humanity. Good luck with Escudo light!

cherkires

Lurker
Jul 15, 2022
I think people should be allowed to smoke as much as they want and use any tobacco they want. It should be totally up to them because they decide what to do with their lives.
In most cases, this is only about people and their aspirations. Willpower is the main thing here, whether you have it or not. You can even use NEAFS to inhale less tobacco. You just need a heating unit and sticks in different flavors: blueberry, coffee, menthol, and others. It is a nice device to give up heavy smoking of cigarettes. It is also better because it produces fewer hazardous chemicals in the air.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Almost fifty years ago a brilliant friend of mine who’s a medical doctor today had the best logic about nicotine I’ve ever heard.

He’d say there’s no doubt that what kills people is linked to how much smoke they inhale, over a long period of time.

The tars are the killer. Nicotine is rather harmless, like caffeine.

If the government required more nicotine people wouldn’t smoke as much to get their nicotine fix.

aspiring_sage

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2021
West of the Twin Cities, MN
What about smokeless tobacco also having links to increase cancer risk?

I can’t really read most of the studies because it’s written in “analysit language”, but I’ve always heard cancer risks are greater. How much? I don’t know.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
What about smokeless tobacco also having links to increase cancer risk?

I can’t really read most of the studies because it’s written in “analysit language”, but I’ve always heard cancer risks are greater. How much? I don’t know.
Here’s the dog that didn’t bark.

Moralists have been chasing after the sins of drinking booze and smoking or chewing or sniffing tobacco for about five hundred years.

And the world has had modern medicine, and medical journals, since the germ theory of disease won in the late 1800s.

Chewing tobacco use per person before modern cigarettes was astounding. In the Southern USA almost every adult male chewed tobacco, and a lot of it.

Where are all the old medical journals that discuss tobacco chewers getting oral cancer?

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I do believe tobacco is bad for us.. but I've often wondered this.

lung cancer could have been called anything.. But a growth on your lip is pretty obvious.
Another mystery.

America used to smoke cigarettes. 90% of our boys in WW2 used their cigarette in rations.

On the other hand, Hitler was a prig. Nazi Germany had the first anti smoking campaigns in the 1930s.

America just whipped hell out of Germany in WW2.

But on both sides, the old soldiers lived longer, thanks to modern medicine, than any other war.

The same is true of Imperial Japanese soldiers.

The old Japanese soldiers and their kids and grandkids are still smoking cigarettes.

Why, don’t Japanese men die of lung cancer at the same rates as our soldiers did?