PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
Well the cigarette industry screwed the pipe and cigar guys over with reclaiming Ryo as pipe tobacco and switching flavored cigarettes to filtered "cigars". Then again in the long run everything's going to be taxed at the same rate eventually. So cellar deep while it's cheap worst case is you have some primo smokes if the taxes don't get jacked thru the roof.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
This, and so many other problems, could be solved quite simply by limiting the functions of the federal government to those outlined in the Constitution. *POOF* no more FDA.
The States created the federal government, and the States need to dissolve it and start over again. The solutions to nearly all things political are in the 9th and 10th amendments.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
For a good laugh go to page 303 concerning free samples i.e. cigars.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
There's even less chance of common sense prevailing than my far-fetched suggestion.
I knew this forum would find the glitch in humanity. Now all we have to do is fix this one tiny thing...

dsollars

Lurker
Mar 25, 2014
In honor of the new regulations I placed a new $100 order of my favorites today.
The Obama administration has been a god-send to the firearms and ammo industries. I guess the same might become the case for the premium cigar/pipe tobacco industry.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Let's call it what it is, Secular Nanny Statist. Liberals highjacked the word liberal, to make it easier to swallow their Progressive fascism. Planned Parenthood was created to wipe out the minorites, abortion being a viable tool, while hiding under feminist gobbledegook. North Carolina acted on the bath room situation, because damn it, A sane individual doesn't want a pervert in the bathroom with his daughter. If you are Trangendering and you look like a woman, just be a woman and don't call attention to yourself. I wouldn't know the difference. But no, the Fascist has to tear down the walls of tradition and make a world of secular conformitism. Our country isn't about the mob of the minority nor the mob of the majority. It's about common sense, Indivualism and the protection thereof.

tinsel

Oct 23, 2015
Quoted from the article:

Tobacco use is a significant public health threat. In fact, smoking is the leading cause of preventable disease and death in the United States and responsible for 480,000 deaths per year
I call Horse Manure on that statement. Obesity it leading cause of preventable disease and death in the US, full stop.
One more way for big brother to get his nose in our lives. What a load of crap.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Tinsel,the fact is tobacco doesn't cause cancer. We already have cancer cells. That's why they right these laws in hyperbole.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
+1 tinsel.
And speaking of leading causes of preventable death, even the Washington Post is reporting this:
Researchers: Medical errors now third leading cause of death in United States
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2016/05/03/researchers-medical-errors-now-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-united-states/

briarcudgel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 6, 2016
Just joined today because I see a keen interest here with these new regulations. I'm in agreement with you on this being an unnecessary and illogical infringement upon our rights to pursue happiness. I certainly don't want to get political for the benefit of all here, but hope there will be a solution found. Let's hope this can be turned around.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
As was already stated, this is a simple example of a government agency overreaching. I have stated before, I have no issue with some level of taxation, as it is essential to keep the wheels turning, but this has evolved into a full fledged cash grab under the guise of public health.
Let's be clear about one thing everyone... I don't care if you sit on the left or the right, it would take a fool not to acknowledge that the only reason this is happening is because our ELECTED representatives have done nothing to stop it.
They will all come back to their home states and get on their soapbox and preach to you and I that what the FDA is doing is a travesty, while their poop boy--the FDA--rakes in the cash for them to squander.
This is not a liberal or conservative, Democrat or Republican thing. They are all equally to blame for this mess.

Carnac the Magnificent predicts... mmm hmmm...

...currently out of stock, back ordered, The American People, and a disgust for Mixture 79.

Carnac.jpg

opens the envelope... Name two immediate affects on pipe tobacco as a result of the new FDA announcement, the loser of the 2016 Presidential election, and something that bonds the pipe smoking community in a positive way.
Carnac the Magnificent has spoken!

litup

Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
Increasingly distressing news coming out today is that as stakeholders digest the FDA's actions they have realized that the FDA failed to state that they planned to prohibit "all tobacco products with candy or fruit flavors". And the anti-tobacco advocates want that loophole closed now. If they get their way that would mean no more aromatic pipe tobacco, right?
LA Time Article

Status
Not open for further replies.