PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

kgs

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2021
South Florida
Just water for me. I can't smoke and drink at the same time and one of the two will always be neglected. As soon as I start sipping my coffee my pipe goes out. And then when I start to puff my pipe I find that my coffee gets cold. Probably brain damage.

I got tongue bite from smoking while drinking a coke. So I avoid carbonated drinks now.

As far as flavor pairings go, I think either coke, ginger ale, or coffee are great with any tobacco.

RainKing

Might Stick Around
May 24, 2020
I'm a tea guy. Doesn't matter the temperature. It can be iced or hot. I don't personally like sweet tea as well. I actually enjoy the taste of the tea leaf. It can be black tea, green tea or white tea (all the same leaf, they are just cooked for different amounts of time). Some of the comparisons between tea leaf and tobacco leaf are actually pretty interesting. I know people will be disgusted to think I drink it without sugar, but much like tobacco...to each their own! Stay thirsty my friends. haha

glub

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2021
KC MO
I'm a tea guy. Doesn't matter the temperature. It can be iced or hot. I don't personally like sweet tea as well. I actually enjoy the taste of the tea leaf. It can be black tea, green tea or white tea (all the same leaf, they are just cooked for different amounts of time). Some of the comparisons between tea leaf and tobacco leaf are actually pretty interesting. I know people will be disgusted to think I drink it without sugar, but much like tobacco...to each their own! Stay thirsty my friends. haha
Same! Unsweetened tea, sometimes with milk, during the day. Whiskey or a beer in the evening.

TimeKiller

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2021
Texas
Coffee always number one goto, will work with literally anything, brown ale, or blonde, as a second, can work with aros or english, bourbon or brandy if I'm really feeling it, non aros only, and sometimes I just want Captain black and some miller lite.

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
I'm a fan of black coffee with ODF or Aged Burley. Occasionally with a tot of Baileys in there. Similarly nice with a stout.

For Virginias or VaPer blends, I think they match well with a cold beer in the summer. Stronger ones maybe with a soda (Dr.Pepper or A&W Rootbeer).

English or Orientals I can go with a G+T, maybe a nice port, a sweeter scotch ale, root beer, Bourbon or whiskey.

I love tea (the Chinese/Japanese kinds without milk), but I rarely drink it with tobacco. I can see it sweet lemon ice-tea working well though.

Being diabetic most of these are very rare treats. Mostly it's water that I'm drinking while smoking.

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
I love coffee with pretty much any tobacco, but I will say specifically a good cup of Colombian goes great with a burley. There’s a lot of nice complementary chocolate like flavors that the two share.

For the beer lovers, I’ve found that a nice tangy Virginia goes great with a Flemish red (i.e. Rodenbach Grand Cru). Again a lot of similar flavors between the two that complement well.

With liquor, I tend to prefer a cigar, as bourbons and scotch tend to overwhelm pipe tobacco. Latakia works well with a peaty scotch though, and stronger tobaccos will fare a little better with liquors (i.e. Gawith ropes).

Finally, with tea, you absolutely cannot beat Earl Grey with Gawith Hoggarth Dark Flake scented. The bergamot goes so well with the traditional Lakeland flavors. If you’re more of a fan of the Dark Flake unscented, it works well as a contrast, as the unscented actually takes on qualities of the scented version with the tea contributing the aromatic bergamot flavors.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Depends on my mood. I don't pair specific drinks with pipes, but whatever I feel like it at the moment. Tonight I had some beer. Last night I had a sugar and calorie free cider (in Korea cider is equivalent to what Sprite/7-up is) and the night before that I had some cold brew tangerine peel tea from Jeju Island.

Reactions: cory84

mparker762

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2021
Houston, TX
Lemonade, for both pipes and cigars. I never have found any alcohol that I thought actually enhanced the taste of the tobacco.