PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

beef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2021
Ontario
I promise you it’s much more terrifying to a southern guy. It ought not be necessary. There’s sweet tea, and then there’s brown piss water.
I meant that both are terrible to me. Sweet tea is the sweetest thing that exists and unsweetened only makes you wonder why it isn't hot. Iced tea to me is only slightly sweetened. No distinction. Arizona--wonderful. Haha

Reactions: JOHN72

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I meant that both are terrible to me. Sweet tea is the sweetest thing that exists and unsweetened only makes you wonder why it isn't hot. Iced tea to me is only slightly sweetened. No distinction. Arizona--wonderful. Haha

Sweet tea is heaven’s nectar. It’s the Chuck Norris of beverages. It pairs well with everything - tobacco and anything else.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Usually my choice of drink and tobacco is rather random and I tend to just go with whatever mood strikes me but there is an exception. I find a good VaPer paired with a good Cognac to be almost magical. I would even elevate the pairing to that of foie gras/Sauternes and blue cheese/port. The words devine and heavenly come to mind.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
When I was smoking cigars regularly, my choice of drinks was rum or cognac with a black tea or a strong coffee on the side.

With pipes, I usually have a black tea or camomile tea, as I find these interfere least with the tobacco flavours. If it is very hot day, I will occasionally have a gin and tonic or Campari and soda. I don't seem to be as keen on spirits with pipes. The nuances of pipe tobacco seem to be affected by spirits much more than cigars. Just my personal opinion.

Puffhead

Lurker
Mar 27, 2021
British Columbia
Hi Everyone,

New here. Cool stuff and lots of great info.

You may have seen this video but there is an interesting, albeit anecdotal, section on cold drinks when smoking to decrease health risk.

Enjoy,

Josh

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I am an iced tea fan myself, but ever since I learned Arizona uses high fructose corn syrup, I stopped purchasing. I got an iced tea maker and have a variety of teas. I particularily enjoy mint and hibiscus, but admit that with these sweetening is less important for me.

Reactions: cory84 and RainKing

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Mackeson Stout works very well I find with both Carey's #7 dark flake & Amphora Burley. The 'Daddy' of all combos however is The Famous Grouse & Revor Plug....simply outstanding!

beef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2021
Ontario
My favorite is Cafe Du Monde coffee. It has been made since the 1860's in New Orleans and t has chicory in it which makes it dark and strong.
I have been there a few times. I can't recall the coffee specifically, though I know that they mix it. I was told that Tim Hortons coffee in Canada is also a mix with chicory. That's how they keep the prices so low.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have been there a few times. I can't recall the coffee specifically, though I know that they mix it. I was told that Tim Hortons coffee in Canada is also a mix with chicory. That's how they keep the prices so low.
I buy mine from Amazon where it is about 7 bucks for a 15oz can. I used to be a bean fanatic and after drinking this it hooked me good. It's unique flavor makes most blends seem weak.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon