Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
The Eaton. The .6 diameter bowl is perfect for the tobacco I smoke. I think it smokes ever so slightly better than the pony express (though I love that one too)because it is natural, with no varnish. I’ve been smoking my Eaton regularly for over five years. I get a 45 minute smoke out of it, unless the wind is up. I take mine traveling, including motorcycle camping across the country . No matter how wet the weather , it smokes dry, down to the bottom. I only wish mm would use the natural version of this bowl on other pipes—like the Tom Sawyer
I've read on another forum that when you're ordering direct from MM you can ask in the order notes for a natural cob on any pipe, but haven't tried it myself.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
MM Dagner Poker.

@Sobrbiker my Kiger mustang prefers the Country Gentleman. Or maybe he just liked the Peterson Irish Oak I was having that day. I'm going to go with option #2. 🤷‍♂️
That was a pic from last month, but Bob definitely approved of the Peterson Irish Flake I was having a hour or so ago in a Missouri Pride.4354CF67-2245-4E47-8E93-BB89595123AC.jpeg
On topic, I like every MM I’ve got (Morgan, Eaton, LFR, MS Pride, 60’s Freehand.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada

P_20220201_133208.jpg

I am not a huge cob guy, but I do enjoy a cob time to time. I use a cob occasionally for aromatics or for burley forward blends.

My favorite cob is a General MacArthur. However after getting one I realized that it is difficult to smoke. Also, it cracked soon which is understandable - A large cob has a higher probability of a defect which can compromise structural integrity.

As I write this, I am smoking a legend which I purchased 3/4 years ago, and smoked about 90 times. It has served me well and I hope it will continue to serve me for many more years.

I also have a miniature which I don’t like so I don’t smoke it.