PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Flatfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 20, 2022
West Wales
Drachinifel (for ships and naval history)
Rex's Hanger (for aircraft)
Ed Nash's Military matters (mostly for aircraft)

Reactions: MattRVA

BrightDarkEyes

Can't Leave
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
I don’t watch YouTube for pipe smoking advice or reviews anymore. In fact, I have only watched a couple in the past four months.

Many good people have been mentioned here already. I will say Timberdrifter. His videos are good.

The Bremen Pipe Smoker makes great videos. I will always watch them. To me he is a living legend of the YTPC.

I never subscribed to Stuff and Things even though I will watch his videos sometimes. I refuse to send anyone money to watch them smoke a pipe or so they can buy tobacco to review.

Long times between videos are actually something I see as a good thing. If The Bremen Pipe Smoker only makes a few videos a year, I don’t mind sitting down for an hour to watch something that is interesting to me.

If you don’t find any videos you like, the Pipes Magazine Radio Show has been great listening for me in place of YouTube. I’ve been catching up on episodes, so I can skip the repetitive ads.

GardenStateoftheArtBriar

Might Stick Around
Jul 29, 2024
New Jersey
The more I sit and waste time on Youtube the more I see through the veil - it's definitely a brainwashing/propaganda engine
it's kind of a disgusting place that children don't even belong on- and I consumed a lot of rubbish as a kid

Reactions: MattRVA

stearmandriver

Might Stick Around
Mar 13, 2018
I just read this whole thread and was going to mention Malcolm Guite, and there in the last message someone beat me to it ;).

Otherwise a number of my favorites have popped up... Stuff and Things, NW Pipe Smoker, Bremem Pipe Smoker, Goulet pens etc. Ward Caroll is good for naval aviation fans, and History Time and Ancient Americas for history / archeology.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Back when I started my YT channel (2012), it was a great way for me to interact with other pipe smokers and learn about new tobaccos and some tips and tricks as I was starting my venture into pipe smoking. Over time the YTPC became saturated with a lot of people that shouldn't be making videos. Not saying I was great at it, but I did try to educate and share thoughts on pipes, pipe tobaccos, cigars, etc. To be fair I made some really bad videos, but I think I made some good ones too. After a while I decided it was time to stop, as I felt I didn't have anything new to offer. I took a break from posting videos regularly, and then I stopped completely. I even stopped watching others in the YTPC. On the rare occasion that I do watch a pipe channel, it's one of only five channels: NWPipeSmoker, Breman Pipe Smoker, London Calling with Simon, StuffandThings, and Beans316. Though I rarely watch them. I mainly watch YT these days for old Heavy Metal concerts or interviews and old WWF and/or Portland Wrestling shows.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

RudyH

Might Stick Around
Sep 1, 2022
Wisconsin
For pipe-related things I like "Your Good Friend Bradley" of StuffAndThings. He's a straight shooter that gives well considered opinions when he does pipe tobacco reviews. Until recently, my favorite was BlueCollarPipeSmoker because Eric made good up-beat videos on pipe history; unfortunately the channel no longer exists.