PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

InWithBothFeet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2024
Richmond, KY
I watch a lot of the channels following the Ukrainian war but won't expand on that because of the political topic ban. For pipes, Beans316 (Look at it! Look at it!), NWPipesmoker, Hobbiton Piper. Nate The Hoof Guy is the dairy cow hoof trimmer. Guilty of Treeson and Westcoast Saw are the chainsaw channels, Kenislovas is the beaver dam disassembler. Carpe Sus and Carpe Analysus are the texas hog hunting channels, RJM Hunting and Edge of the Outback are contract pest control hunters in Australia.

• Haha
Reactions: MattRVA

BayouGhost

Might Stick Around
Apr 10, 2024
Louisiana
Gotta put some love on the name Hobiton Piper. Chilled, relaxed, jovial bloke. Muttn as well, and London Calling. Like some have mentioned, Pipe Cottage a big NO (even I can tell that accent is fake).
As fake as accents from Cornwall, Grimsby and Manchester if you are from North America and have only ever been to London and/or watched BBC News. It may be leaned into a bit, but I grew up around folks who sounded almost exactly the same in the coastal Carolinas so I give it the benefit of the doubt. I enjoy parts of the channel, mainly tobacco reviews, and ignore other content.

WerewolfOfLondon

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 8, 2023
London
As fake as accents from Cornwall, Grimsby and Manchester if you are from North America and have only ever been to London and/or watched BBC News. It may be leaned into a bit, but I grew up around folks who sounded almost exactly the same in the coastal Carolinas so I give it the benefit of the doubt. I enjoy parts of the channel, mainly tobacco reviews, and ignore other content.
Yeah, but I've watched loads of Westerns, I've had a first class education on American accents.

anantaandroscoggin

Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
I recently had to dump YouTube, as they threatened me over some bleeding-brain complained to them over some completely over-the-top absurd suggestion I made. I invited them to watch their advertisers ads themselves as I wouldn't be doing so any more.

One channel I kinda liked was Black Powder Maniac. His enthusiasm spills all over the place!

Snook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2019
Idaho
Pipe related: Hobbiton Piper

I enjoy having a bourbon and watching some Architectural Digest or Bon Appetit. I don't care for "fancy" things in my own life like gourmet eating or ultra-modern state of the art homes, but sometimes it's fun to see into a world you don't know much about.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I recently had to dump YouTube, as they threatened me over some bleeding-brain complained to them over some completely over-the-top absurd suggestion I made. I invited them to watch their advertisers ads themselves as I wouldn't be doing so any more.

<< Snipped bits out >>
What form was the threat? How odd.

As long as the inserts are five seconds, it gives me the time to grab the remote and kill it exactly at five seconds.

spike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2009
Yeah, but I've watched loads of Westerns, I've had a first class education on American accents.
I get sick and tired of the comments on Harrelson’s “ fake accent” from people I suspect never set foot in Low Country South Carolina, rural North Carolina, or central Georgia. Hell, they’ve likely never been south of the Mason-Dixon line. I never detected a “fake accent” from him, and I’m from Chicago.

Maybe I need to watch more Westerns.

WerewolfOfLondon

Jun 8, 2023
London
I get sick and tired of the comments on Harrelson’s “ fake accent” from people I suspect never set foot in Low Country South Carolina, rural North Carolina, or central Georgia. Hell, they’ve likely never been south of the Mason-Dixon line. I never detected a “fake accent” from him, and I’m from Chicago.

Maybe I need to watch more Westerns.
I've never been north or south the Mason/Dixon line to be honest. But if you say that's what the average person sounds south of that sainted line, you'll hear no argument from me. Franky, my dear, I don't give a damn.

spike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2009
I've never been north or south the Mason/Dixon line to be honest. But if you say that's what the average person sounds south of that sainted line, you'll hear no argument from me. Franky, my dear, I don't give a damn.
I like your GWTW reference. Well done. But the Mason-Dixon Line is not sainted in my book. It’s simply a geografic marker.

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
I haven't watched a pipe smoking video in a few years. I used to watch occasional videos by NWPipesmoker, the Bremen Pipesmoker, MetalHeadcigarguy, Pipe Pops (RIP), and Briar Blues. I liked them all; only a couple are currently active. I watch a bunch of fly tying presenters these days... There used to be a guy I watched who combined pipe smoking with his fly tying, but I haven't seen him in quite a while.

OverMountain

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
NOVA
I like muttonchop on 2x speed. Heck! I watch most YouTube on 2x speed due to the excessive yammering, hemming, hawing, sighing…and other other sundry things I don’t care to dwell on. GTTFP. 😉

I’ll also throw a comment out about low country accents. That voice, and its feminine (and better) counterpart were the sound of my childhood. Yes people really talked, and talk like that. Get off the big roads and get a Coca Cola sometime when you are down south listening to YouTube on the car audio.

• Haha

slavman68

Lurker
Oct 10, 2022
www.youtube.com
These are some I enjoy…
London Calling with Simon
CaneRodPiper
Briar Blues
PipeCast
Pipe&Tobak
Smoking Cardboard
Pipes, Tobacco & Whiskey
beans316
Brad the Bearded Piper
New Age Pipe Smokers
AromatiX
Public Piper
The Pipe Nook
JcPipesNknives
Portland Pipe Smoker
The Pipe Professor
The Virtual Pipe Club
Uncle Phil’s Cellar
Andrew Crigliano
ICHIBAN DIPPER
Janez from Pipe & Tobak seems like a really nice guy. We've commented on each others videos before.