PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I think i made it through about 3 minutes of a pipe smoking video when i first started and the guy just kept droning on and on about nothing at all, that was enough for me.

Reactions: JOHN72

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
Bremen Pipe Smoker is the only one I really watch much of anymore. He can drone on but it's usually about history or specifically tobacco rather than general musings on life I frankly couldn't care less about. When I do feel like that kind of video I'll dig up an old Matches860 I haven't seen but those are sadly becoming rarer and rarer. Pipe Appeal is one that caters to a really specific pipe niche of "mood" that I like on occasion.

When I was new at this I had an insatiable hunger for finding every tip and trick I could about pipe smoking but looking back on it 90% of it was either bunk or not really suitable for me. I had much more success just experimenting on my own and finding what worked that way.

As for YouTubers not related to pipe smoking it'd be too many to list. Some standouts:
Homemade Documentaries: well done original history documentaries particularly on the US space program
Battleship New Jersey: Official channel of the museum/memorial, their curator does great vids on niche topics.
James Hoffman: Coffee snob par excellence.
Townsends: Very comfortable vids about life and cooking in the 18th century.
Steve1989: One of a kind guy who reviews, and often tastes(!), very very old military rations.
PLASMO: Pretty indepth but enjoyable videos about model making with some really impressive skills on show.

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
James Hoffman (duh), Corbett Report, Jeff Gracik, Take's Blugerass Channel, Audiopheliac, etc.... I have a channel and a podcast for each hobby. News, coffee, Jazz/Bluegrass/Classical, Hifi gear, tobacco, Tony Rice, watches, pottery, antiques.

Though I'm too embarrassed to say who my favorite tobacco reviewer is. And it's only him because we have the same taste so his reviews are actually helpful unlike just about everywhere else.
Oh yeah. I forgot James Hoffman!

David D. Davidson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2023
Canada
His entire schtick. From his “accent” to his hats. None of it is for me. 🤮
I had never heard of him before, popped on a recent video out of curiosity, and was extremely surprised to hear a slow talking Foghorn Leghorn telling me about how he forbade his wife from visiting Starbucks.

• Haha
Reactions: RobNYC

Scott58

Lurker
Jul 20, 2023
Muttnchop Piper and the Sturgeon Piper both have playlists for beginners that I found helpful for getting back into pipe smoking. I haven’t watched many of their other videos though.

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
Michigan pipe smoker is making nostalgic videos about old school tobacco blends...interesting for me..I absolutely dislike unboxing videos of some YTubers when 3/4 of a time pipe is still in a box and dude is trying to do a review not even smoking that pipe yet😀

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Much like sports, I'd rather be doing the thing rather than watching someone else do it. I was clued in by my daughter that there are actually reaction videos to someone else watching movies.🤷‍♂️
It's crazy. My step daughter would watch videos of people traveling, influencers I believe is the term. I told her instead of sitting on the couch watching people live, go out and live YOUR life. Same with my step son watching YouTube videos of people playing video games. My boys didn't fall into that culture. I won't allow video games in my house and they didn't get a phone until they got a license. There aren't payphones around anymore, so they had to have something in case of emergency.

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
Beans316 - regular guy talks pipe tobacco, some pipes, but under 10 min once a week and no live crap.
TheHoofGP - trimming and fixing cow hoof(s). relaxing & satisfying.

Reactions: David D. Davidson