PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Summertime is here and it's time to break out the grill for those that keep it in hibernation.

A local grocery just had some great meat sales ($2.99 ground beef, $5.99 porterhouse, $6.99 ribeye - sorry to those near Macomb County for not sharing earlier).

I made some meatloaf (just for sandwiches) and have some steaks marinating in soy sauce, Worcestershire, lemon juice, and steak seasoning.

What is your favorite or got to steak marinade?

I typically prefer Montreal seasoning or salt, garlic powder, and pepper with olive oil and a splash of Worcestershire, teriyaki for beef and broccoli, and Lawry's steakhouse marinade. Garlic and herb infused olive oil is another favorite.

I generally add butter while the steak rests on white bread or pitas to soak in the juices. Compound butter is great too, but I rarely remember to make it in advance.

How about you?
The best cuts of steak need marinade like fine wine needs ice cubes.

As for me I use A-1 sauce for cheap steaks and sometimes when nobody’s looking I use it on top shelf steaks too.

It tastes like Worcestershire sauce should taste like if it were delicious.

That Guy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
. Marinate in bourbon for hours
. Pat steaks dry
. Season with kosher salt, pepper,onion powder, garlic powder
. Heat grill to 600-650 range
. 3-5 minutes of direct heat searing and if needed bring to temp (135- 140*) on indirect side of grill
. let rest for around 6-8 mins and then enjoy 😉

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I usually salt (and a little pepper) a steak for the time I leave it out of the fridge before I cook it. I like it to come up to room temp, so that usually takes about 45 minutes. After it’s cooked, usually nothing else but sometimes butter or chimichurri.

Reactions: Piping Rooster