Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
I have to watch that show alone. Despite my girlfriend being a huge David Mitchell fan. Most of the jokes just went over her head. Or as she put it oh it's for snobs like you (which of course is always followed by the obvious fact I'am not a snob just a very friendly misanthrope).
Yeah, my wife isn't a huge fan either. I watch it alone as well.

Yadkin1765

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2022
Maine
I guess Shakespeare is my favorite character, the mind behind the plays.
As my first impulse, I'd have to second this. So many of his characters are so psychologically well conceived, and their actions so tied to the natural fortunes and errors of their lives and personalities that I cannot but help feel humbled by the mind which dove so deep to: first, comprehend all those diverse minds; second, bring them to life; and third, to then place them in situations that cause their words alone to resonate at the deepest level with the shared chords of that which makes up all of us simpler human beings. The bard himself ever so often peeks out from behind his words, playing little games with his audience, then, just as quickly as we grasp on to his gamesome secrets, he flys from us, and we are left stunned and unsure of our place and what we know--we are left to feel the feelings of kings, murderers, plotters, adulterers, tricksters, jokers, manipulators, and all with equal sympathies.

Oh yeah, and Falstaff is just plain rowdy fun.

Jan 27, 2020

Percy Shelley's boat which sank and in which he died was also named, Ariel.

Tis a shame that Disney co-opted such a beautiful name for such an unduly gain but greed knows no boundaries; given that greed grows in an absence of shame.

But, I do not blame any mermaid for my disdain.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Tis a shame that Disney co-opted such a beautiful name for such an unduly gain but greed knows no boundaries; given that greed grows in an absence of shame.

Disney Company's only obligation is to their shareholders, nothing more. I personally think the directors are headed in the wrong direction but, I'm not a shareholder, well, possibly through retirement funds investments over time, so I really have no interest in the fiscal stability of the company. Even less interest in the products they foist on the public. I'm certainly not part of their target audience but, I wish them well in their efforts to reward the shareholders.

When Walt died the company lost its way in my opinion. But, that's just simply my personal, uninvolved opinion.

Reactions: puff_not_snuff