PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Really, is there a full length movie that does not contain at least small flubs or anachronisms?

Can't come up with fav. ridiculous scene, but my favorite chase scene was very long ago: The French Connection.

Having seen countless chase scenes in movies, I now fast forward through them. Either they catch him or he gets away.....

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's got to be the scene in 101 Dalmatians, where Cruella Deville is being waited on by her floor flushing obsequious man servant. Irritated, she says, "What kind of a sycophant are you?" And he smiles serenely and asks, "What kind of a sycophant would you like me to be."

Or Robert Stack as a pilot in the movie Airplane were he whips off his extra cool aviator sunglasses to reveal another extra cool pair of aviator sunglasses. That has been imitated in many other movies and in advertisements.

Jun 25, 2021
England
Just curious if you dont mind me asking what do you do for entertainment?
I listen to music a lot, mostly classical. Opera is a big thing for me, especially Wagner.
I enjoy doing cryptic crosswords. I study languages, mostly ancient Greek and Hebrew ,so I read the Bible in the original languages, also read a lot of of Homer and Plutarch.
Very keen on Greek history. I find a lot there that is relevant to our modern way of thinking.
We never had a television in the house when I was growing up. I was always out and about making my own entertainment.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
That is great to know, another example of "Diff folks, diff strokes. "

I've gone the opposite way, in spite of having a long and classical education.

Classical music, absolutely. A few arias, but no full opera for me.
But TV is essential to my sanity, as are a few books and podcasts.

I will watch almost any sport with enthusiasm for one team/competitor or another.

My favorite team is playing right now against Leister City.

Big fan of British mystery series and numerous history offerings.

Jun 25, 2021
England
Good for you, but no TV… movies, sports, shows, On-Demand, DVR, etc., would be hell for me, although, I could live without the News. I I
I could live without the news too. I do read Google news once a week, just so I have at least a basic idea of what's going on in the world.
To read all the bad stuff that is going on on every day would be depressing for me.
I reckon it's depressing for other people too, but many just sit there in front of the box taking it all in without realising just how much it's screwing their heads up.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Worst best movie. ever....

BlindRightHerald-size_restricted.gif