PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
As for favourite pipe-smoking musician my vote goes to Duck Dunn. Played with all the great names, including Elvis. Speaking of Elvis, I was very interested to see a Longchamp in 'real life'. I have a poster advertising their pipes, and they seem to have specialized in these leather-covered pipes. As soon as I can remember where I put it, I'll post a pic of the poster.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Adam12, is Chris Thile's father Scott Thile?!
If so, you just blew my mind!
Yeah isn't that wild? He was at the Chicago show last year. And if you look at the Punch Brothers album cover, there's a pipe on it.

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
Found it:
DSC01680.jpg

I love the slogan claiming these pipes to be 'calorifugees', a very fancy way of saying they're wrapped in leather...

johninkc

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2012
I do not know if she still does, but in the 70s the Boston Symphony cellist Ms Cameron Sawzin smoked a pipe and won an Ehrlich's Pipe Shop smoking contest.

xray

Might Stick Around
Oct 1, 2011
NJ
I've finally decided to get glasses. I read the thread title as "Favorite Pipe Smoking Mexican."

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
Jody Davis smokes a pipe and carves!!! Awesome, his pipes are top notch too.
I should mention that I have heard of J. Davis pipes for a long time. I knew Jody Davis as the Newsboys guitarist. I never put the two together until today.

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
I have one of Nat King Coles pipes, a Dunhill vest pocket 320 shape in Dress finish with an ivory stem. It came from his widows estate when the contents of her summer home in upstate NY were sold. Came with written provenance and newspaper clippings. If only smoking it could make me sing that well...

rogers

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 9, 2012
I knew he smoked a guitar, but...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0L4kPdMFNc

Status
Not open for further replies.