PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oppie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2010
Chicago
Bytor, I also have the Albert Hall CD's. They are excellent. Ginger Baker is 70!!! His health is failing. Seems like only yesterday I was in high school banging on an old set of drums in the garage trying to sound like him. From The Devil and Ginger Baker- Bulger asks Baker if he’s surprised that he’s actually even lived this long. “Amazed, actually,” Baker replies. “God is punishing me for my past wickedness by keeping me alive and in as much pain as he can.”

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
lol...oh yeah, how could we have forgotten the greatest guitar/bass/piano web admin in town... How about a solo Kevin?
I envy you guitar players...you probably have no problem having a pipe while you play. I don't dare put pipe (or even a cig) in my mouth while playing the drums.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
That picture with SRV and a full bent is the greatest! Now I know why I don't play as well as him: I've only got a 1/4 bent pipe. I'm off to the tobacconist to improve my playing.

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
And don't forget Stevie Ray Vaughan plays with Albert King in the live In Session CD!

briarcub73

Lurker
May 11, 2010
I'd like to add Kevin Yost to the list here. I met him at the 1997 Columbus pipe show--he beat me to a Ser Jacopo MaximaMaxima bulldog, and I haven't let him forget it ever since, LOL!
Photo of Kevin here

excav8tor

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2010
South Devon, England
'Ol Blue Eyes himself.
53374209.jpg

searock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2010
I'm not saying these are my favorites, just surpised they haven't been mentioned. Bing Crosy and Sherlock Holmes...

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Since Searock has pushed into the real of fiction I'll stretch it a bit farther.

Unknown... Fictional Violin Player... and back to Nat King Cole.
995575_356x237.jpg

Data_Pfeife.jpg

nat_king_colepreview.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.