PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsullivan

Lurker
Sep 26, 2011
classics all the way. I picked a " Bobs old Colony Billiard" out of a wide estate collection just because of the simple beauty of it. So pretty!.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
My favorite shape is a half bent billiard. My second favorite shape is the Liverpool, although I don't have many. The lumberman is similar, and I have quite a few of those.

It's interesting how the billiard was the most popular shape during the first half of the 20th century.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
For the bent Bulldog Fans, My De-leathered, Jason Gone Rusticated Longchamp.
b3335502.jpg

2b43629f.jpg

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
it was complete trash when I got it. I got it and another on ebay $10 for the pair. It was caked beyond being smokable, the stem was oxidized and the leather was so beat up it fell off when I tried to clean it. I did clean the holy hell out of it and polished it up and since it had good grain and could no longer be kept original, I decided it would be perfect for Jason Gone to work his magic. it came back a new pipe and now I only smoke 3 Oaks Syrian in it.

dubinthedam

Lurker
May 18, 2009
Amsterdam
The Billiard has been by far the most popular shape for over a hundred years, and that's for a reason. It works superbly well. It will stay the king of the pipes for another century, I suspect.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
Straight billiards are my all time favorite, but I do like bent pipes on occasion. :puffy:

tpicking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Bent. I like to see what's going on in the bowl when I smoke, and I can't in a straight pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.