PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Oatmeal grossed me out as a kid, so was something I simply avoided as an adult.

Then 15 or so years ago something caused me to try the pebble-y kind (as opposed the the little mashed frisbee kind), and I liked it. Go figure.

I usually just mix in some raisins and/or chopped dried apricots. No sugar, no milk.

Took me a while to figure out that the best result involved proper timing and resting, and that cooking until it "looked done" in the pan was NOT how to do it.

The mere fact of its existence is also useful to annoy and antagonize KCGhost in social settings. All you have to do is say "oatmeal" and he makes a yuckface and glares at whoever said the word, then shakes his head in disbelief that anyone could actually eat the stuff.

Yadkin1765

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2022
Maine
Rolled oats, overnight with vanilla cinnamon and raisins. In the morning, add peanut butter powder and protein. Makes the whole into a decadent peanut butter and oats mess that tastes like a pb oatmeal cookie with 1:1 protein to carb. Tho, honestly, I'll eat oats about anyway ya make em.

Puff nstuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2021
Inland Southern California
Since being turned on to Irish/steel cut, I have little interest in oatmeal made from rolled/quick/old fashioned oats. Have never tried the Scottish variety.
I prepare my steel cut oats to eat with blueberries, cream, and a bit of maple syrup on top.