Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink with Virginia/ Vapers?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Masterblaster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2021
Evans, GA
Well it looks like coffee and unsweet tea or any type of tea seems to be the consensus, I've tried ginger ale and there's something about carbonated drinks and the Virginia that just don't do my tongue well! I probably shouldn't have blown off unsweet tea so fast, I really love it and I assumed it would be a great combo and I'm really still just struggling with how to figure out the Virginia's especially the flakes, fold and stuff, fully rub out, Loosely rub out, roll up into little balls and stuff it in the pipe! Lol! I guess I will probably stick with coffee and tea for now, maybe add a little sugar to the tea thinking that may help bring out the sweetness of the Virginia's, I know there's a big learning curve when it comes to Virginia's and flake tobacco, especially for us newer smokers and I LOVE my English blends but there's just something alluring about the tin note of the Virginia/ Vapor Blends that keeps calling me to try to figure them out! :sher:

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Well it looks like coffee and unsweet tea or any type of tea seems to be the consensus, I've tried ginger ale and there's something about carbonated drinks and the Virginia that just don't do my tongue well! I probably shouldn't have blown off unsweet tea so fast, I really love it and I assumed it would be a great combo and I'm really still just struggling with how to figure out the Virginia's especially the flakes, fold and stuff, fully rub out, Loosely rub out, roll up into little balls and stuff it in the pipe! Lol! I guess I will probably stick with coffee and tea for now, maybe add a little sugar to the tea thinking that may help bring out the sweetness of the Virginia's, I know there's a big learning curve when it comes to Virginia's and flake tobacco, especially for us newer smokers and I LOVE my English blends but there's just something alluring about the tin note of the Virginia/ Vapor Blends that keeps calling me to try to figure them out! :sher:
Everyones got their own thing , but I’ve found tearing it into ribbons lengthwise and then breaking the thin ribbons into 1/2 inch pieces and gravity packing loosely with subtle tamps to keep some spring , false lighting till it expands and is blackened then lightly tamping so there is still a tad of spring and then true lighting , tamping as necessary works for me with flakes ,but as always YMMV

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
I wouldn't be surprised if people's preferences for drinks says something about what that drink does to their mouth pH while smoking -- if a kind of tobacco keeps biting you, maybe the drink is something to experiment with!

Reactions: FLDRD

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
Weird but Strawberry or Green Apple Gatorade goes nice with VA/Vapers but this is not something I have on hand all the time. Usually just Ice Water or Cold Brew Iced Tea.

Reactions: JOHN72

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
I was smoking a VaPer blend the other evening and had a little Topo-Chico Twist of Lime left over, but the carbonation had dissipated. It surprised me how well they worked together. Smoking actually heightened the lime flavor and the drink didn't overpower the flavor of the tobacco. I find smoking and carbonated drinks don't mix well for me, and things like coke to overpowering on my palate.

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
If it's the daytime or just hot out, it's ice water. When it cools down a little bit I like tea with some honey. For va/vapers at least. Burley it's coffee.

Reactions: JOHN72

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I don't connect smoking a pipe with a particular drink. I drink for hydration and flavor. I smoke for flavor and relaxation. I drink water, coffee, tea, ice tea, and milk because I love milk and it re-hydrates better than water. Any of those I will drink while or after smoking a pipe if i am thirsty.

On a side note, I am surprised so many people here said tea ! On another thread (Does Tea reduce the risks of tabacco pipe smoking? :: Pipe Smoking Basics & Beginner Questions - https://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/does-tea-reduce-the-risks-of-tabacco-pipe-smoking.93159/page-5#post-36655810) @Soundpotus just posted about a British NIH study that found people who drink 2 or more cups of tea a day have a 9-13% less chance of dying from any cause than non-tea drinkers.
So ... maybe i will choose tea more often with pipe smoking here on out. 🫖🍵👍