PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
I know a lot of us here at PM love our guns. Now, I'm curious, what are your favorites? If your favorites aren't technically, umm, kosher, more power to you.

I'll start off: the M1 Garand. I haven't fired a superior firearm in my (admittedly short) 19 years. They've been an experience-filled 19 years...but, yeah.

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
thats a hard question to answer. i have a safe full. lol just for target shooting i use 22
Code:
<br />
<pre><code>

s the gun i am using today for some bunny hunting with my hounds.

when i made this vid i had the wrong choke in. it now shoots much tighter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAZGQWWqAXw

collindow

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
The Model 94, a beautiful classic. And I like that Taurus. Nice looking weapon. Makes me think of a Thompson/Center.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
My favorite is my 1943 Berreta 7.65mm (.32cal) pistol. It was a war trophy pickup by my grandfather During WWII from a dead Italian Officer. It has special Magazines with a window down the sides to see how much ammo left. It is a very nice shooter tight group from 10 yrds after that gets a little loose.

excav8tor

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2010
South Devon, England
It's a close call for me between the Lee-Enfield L42A1 and the AIAW L96A1 (I wasn't around to see their newer versions). I have used both, but I think though, the L96A1 'The Long' would just about clinch the deal. Both are excellent medium range rifles, both capable of accurate fire to about a mile and both use the NATO 7.62mm.
L42A1

l42a1.jpg

L96A1

Accuracy_International_Arctic_Warfare_-_Psg_90.jpg

Edit: Pstlpkr (tried to create a link but it wouldn't work... sorry)

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Colt Python 357mag , Pre WWII Mauser K98 8mm . As for the worst gun ever made it would have to be a Raven MP25 pistol .

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
I know there is alot better guns out there but the one I like the most from all the ones I shot was a Macorov(sp) it is a russian 9MM so it shots a 9x18 instead of a 9x19 its more of a 380 never once jamed,feels nice,accurate and I picked it up for like 140bucks brand new

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Makarov was the Sam Colt of the USSR and the 9x18 is popular in Europe .Most of your CZ pistols are based on this design . There is a huge differentiation in a Russian and czechoslovakia fire arms .http://www.makarov.com/index.html

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
I have a Berette 92 FS 9 mm , Colt Combat Commander 1911 very nice, and several others but my favorite gun to shoot is my Taurus 1911 ALR....It just feels right in my hand. I slowed down on the shooting a bit to support this new hobby I have found.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
Colt 1911A1 .45ACP series 70 with a 1911 flat mainspring housing out to 50 yards. After that my '03A3 out to 800 yards. After that, a howitzer. :wink:

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Seems I grew up with firearms but have never been a fanatic per se'.

My favorite is my Great Grandfather's Model 1898 Winchester Pump Action 12ga.

It's complete with knotched stock. He was all about homeland security. 8O
Second: I would have to say it's my Ruger .45 P-90 DC, Ooooo sweet shooter.

Mine has Hogue grips.
p90R.jpg

This is what I carried as my backup when I worked for the county.

Baretta Mod. 950 BS Jetfire

jetfire007.jpg

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
My favorite long gun id have to say is this one
Mymosin001.jpg

Followed closely by my Lee Enfield SMLE. As far as pistols go i really couldnt say i have too many and its way to dependant on my mood. For the time being im carrying my old Charter Arms Bulldog .44 special =p.
The rifle pictured is my M44 Mosin Nagant. Also known as the Tula Flamethrower. If you didnt kill your target the sound of the round going off and the flame that goes flying out the barrel will at least give your enemy a heartattack =p. According to the serial this one was made in 1944. It shoots a 7.62x54R.

Status
Not open for further replies.