PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
Don't know if this counts but I love Moonshine and BriarWorks pipes. I’ve got a Cannonball bent ball/apple, a Stoker poker, and an oom paul C151XL. Hoping to add an Anse eventually.
Granted extremely new to this and not many pipes in my possession to compare with….but I am impressed with a briarworks c81 I have.
Things that jumped out at me when comparing with the Petersons and Savinellis I have of similar price, were shape/feel/fit of the stem, and overall precision of the drilling. I realize they’re made differently, (CNC right?) and it’s noticeable, in a good way I suppose

Deano

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2022
Iowa
Peterson to me is hit and miss, the newer ones anyway. Savineli pipes are more consistant l think. Nording I like a lot. Hard to go wrong with a Danish pipe IMO.

GreatWhiteNorthPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2022
Ontario, Canada
I am a big fan of Vauen. Not only are their pipes very reasonably priced, they also make charcoal filters that fit perfectly in the stems. I'm also partial to Savinelli, although if I had to choose one, I would choose Vauen as I don't think you can beat the value.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Granted extremely new to this and not many pipes in my possession to compare with….but I am impressed with a briarworks c81 I have.
Things that jumped out at me when comparing with the Petersons and Savinellis I have of similar price, were shape/feel/fit of the stem, and overall precision of the drilling. I realize they’re made differently, (CNC right?) and it’s noticeable, in a good way I suppose
Yeah I think the stumels are cut via CNC which I like since the shapes are uniform. Some of the recent Petersons I’ve seen have been awfully cut.