PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Ken Barnes. Very top end; my two best pipes are by Kenny. Older pipes: Barling.
I love my Milville, mostly due to the chap who made it and sold it from his stall in a market next to St. James' Church, London. It's a bit small but it gets regular puffing.

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
20180929_195042-600x291.jpg

Here's one my favorite English pipes.Late 70's Charlatan Coronation.Purchased in 1998 at Fincato,in Rome,Italy.Yes,I had the pleasure of breaking it in.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Ashton......here's mine........
ashton.jpg

That being said, it's the only one I've tried....haha......but I love it......probably test out a Comoy's or Barling next, when the right estate pipe comes looming up out of the cosmos

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Sasieni (having only tried their 'seconds') and Northern Briars. I really like Charatan's too but not quite as much.
Could anybody tell how's the draw in Northern briars like?

Paul, to my mind, it's plenty open, but not wide open.

jojoc

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2019
I don't have a large collection, but I really like my Comoy Royal (pre-1980). I have an early James Upshall in the process of cleaning up and can't wait to try it out.

I also like my Peterson's but really consider them in a class of their own.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Just to update my file for the record, more or less descending order but not necessarily permanently: Sasieni, Barling, Comoy/GBD (pre-Cadogan only), BBB.
Bill

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Ashton......here's mine........

I just picked one too. Haven't smoked it yet. I'm restraining myself to dampen my PAD. Here's mine:

002-006-2438.2637.jpg

Can't say it's my favorite English pipe because I haven't smoked it yet but I can say it's the one I'm most interested in at the moment.

Jan 8, 2013
I just can't get very interested in most of the English brands. Except Northern Briars. I find myself looking at Northern Briars quite often. It's really only a matter of time before I purchase one.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
As an update to a year ago, I've picked up a few Upshalls and they have muscled their way up to the top of the heap beside my Ferndowns. Great smokers that are perfectly balanced and of excellent proportion.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I have only a few and, therefore, only a few brands. Must say though I have ashdigger to thank for giving me a great Bill Taylor-made Ashton pebble grain straight billiard with incredible ring grain which, not only is my favorite English pipe, but is among my favorite pipes period.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
No special order: Ashton, Dunhill, Ferndown, Northern Briars, Charatan, Sasieni, Upshall, Pre-Trans Barling, Petes, Hardcastle. But, I must say, I am an English pipe brand nut. I love the style and the culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.