Status
Not open for further replies.

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

tschiraldi

Preferred Member
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Sasieni, hands down. Also love Comoy's. I'm talking pre-transition, of course. Current English pipes? Ashton.

cosmicfolklore

Preferred Member
Aug 9, 2013
Helena, Alabama
I really enjoy my Northern Briars Pipes. Great prices and designs, and I can get a new one for what an estate vintage big name goes for. I do have a couple of Dunhills and GBDs, great pipes, but I get the most excited about my Northern Briars. Plus, Ian Walker has made plans to visit The Briary, so I am anxious about that.

cosmicfolklore

Preferred Member
Aug 9, 2013
Helena, Alabama
I think you’d like one of his dublins, Duane, or he has some nice zulus that I try to keep an eye out for. He has nice lines and the weight is perfect, IMO. His stemwork is really good. Not Becker good, but for the price range it’s hard to find one nicer.

lochinvar

Preferred Member
Oct 22, 2013
Older production, I love Comoy and Sasieni. Newer, Ferndown is king, with Ashton and Northern Briars close behind.

hoosierpipeguy

Preferred Member
Jan 28, 2018
I really enjoy my Northern Briars Pipes. Great prices and designs, and I can get a new one for what an estate vintage big name goes for. I do have a couple of Dunhills and GBDs, great pipes, but I get the most excited about my Northern Briars. Plus, Ian Walker has made plans to visit The Briary, so I am anxious about that.
Second vote for Norther Briars. I now have 3, they all smoke excellent. Great value IMHO. And The Briary has a pretty good selection.

sablebrush52

Preferred Member
Jun 15, 2013
SoCal
jrs457.wixsite.com
This won't come as a surprise, given the nickname under my avatar, Barling. I'm also partial to Sasieni, Comoy, and Charatan. At some point I'll have to try out BBB and GBD, or maybe not. I'm pretty much done with buying pipes.

paulfg

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
my small collection consists mainly of GBD (6) ,Charatan (6) and Dunhill (5) Barling (7) with a couple of Ferndowns,Peterson,s and a 1911 Loewes thrown in.

I do have 4 foriegners though 2 x Castello and 2 x Michael Kyriazanos

flakyjakey

Preferred Member
Aug 21, 2013
My collection is based mostly on old British pipes - Barling, Comoys, Loewe, Charatan, Dunhill, Orlik and pre-rep. Peterson.
But in the modern era, I feel that James Upshall must also be mentioned in dispatches - especially the 'early' ones of the 'Barry Jones era'. Of these, I have 2 P-grades, 2 G-grades and a treasured E-grade. All my Upshalls have lovely grain, perfect staining and are very light in weight for their size (& are great smokers!}.

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
I have only five English pipes. My favorite is a Ferndown given me by a Forums member, a bent billiard, and hard to beat as a smoker. I also enjoy my more down-market English pipes, a Parker cherrywood/poker, a quarter bent smooth Britannia Dublin double bore, a Ben Wade slightly bent smooth pot, and a Plymouth straight smooth billiard. I bought the Plymouth from SPC as an unsmoked estate pipe after it had been offered for more than a year -- nice pipe, better than the photo.

smeigs

Preferred Member
Jun 26, 2012
I have a crushed meerschaum pipe that was made by Barling. It is a beautiful English pipe and is one of my favorites.

conlejm

Preferred Member
Mar 22, 2014
Northern Briars and Ferndown. I have about twenty of each, wide variety of shapes, and I love each one. My favorite smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner