PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

F

fMf Piper

For me my favorite is the Master Blend III by Oliva
This was one I didn't like the first time I smoked it, but I put some in my coolidor for about six months and really enjoyed it the second time. Very tasty cigar, and reasonably priced.

Reactions: Coreios
F

fMf Piper

I’m partial to the Camacho rum barrel aged. Not really a big cigar guy but I really enjoy those.
I liked the Diesel Whiskey Row, but I have never had a Camacho. I have heard so many say they love the rum barrel aged, so that may have to be my first.

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
The best cigar I have smoked so far, IMO, is the Oliva Series V Melanio. That was just a great cigar, but I find most Olivas are.

I also like the CAO Brazilia, Ghurka Governor's Private Reserve, and the Drew Estate MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured.

Maybe a bit off topic, but for budget/economy cigars the the Mark Twain (Original), Flor DeOliva, and Drew Estate Factory Smokes are all great.
I couldn't agree more with you. I prefer the Mark Twain River Boat over the original though. They are packed a bit better imo. I like a loose draw but the original to me burns way too fast. Factory Smokes kind of blew my mind. They're so cheap but actually have some nice unique flavors. Only one I haven't had is the sweet tip, generally it's that artificial sugar and I avoid it. Drew Estate is definitely a go to for me, and well as Rocky Patel. Consistent.

Reactions: fMf Piper

BiginV3gas

Lurker
Feb 11, 2023
I don't have a favorite cigar, but I have favorite brands that I stick to because of quality construction, flavor and consistency. My short list is Padron, Leaf by Oscar and Davidoff. Of the Davidoff's my favorite may well be the Nicaraguans. All varieties of the Leaf by Oscar are delicious, and I don't know if I've ever met a Padron cigar that I didn't like.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Went to a cigar night last night.
Smoked 3 piramides - Davidoff Millenium Blend, Padron 40th Anniversary maduro and a Cohiba
The Davidoff and Padron were great.
The Cohiba tasted wonderful but the wrapper started to tear and come apart 1/3 of the way through.

Had an Opus X robusto on the weekend.
Frustrating smoke - uneven burn all the way.
At that price you have to be kidding :mad:

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Smoked 3 piramides - Davidoff Millenium Blend, Padron 40th Anniversary maduro and a Cohiba
The Cohiba tasted wonderful but the wrapper started to tear and come apart 1/3 of the way through.

Opus X are like a classic Cuban blend - they need to be aged 3-5 years before revealing their nature and offering a good burn. The first couple years are wonky burning and muted flavors.

Davidoff Millennium is a good blend I need to dive back into.

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America

I've had several issues with Cohibas. Never had Opus X. Those other 2 cigars are really great smokes though. Thats why I prefer the pipe less issues and cheaper.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I've had several issues with Cohibas. Never had Opus X. Those other 2 cigars are really great smokes though.
My favourites are Padron and Davidoff

I have several boxes of OpusX, all with at least 10 years of age and they are inconsistent.
Likewise with Cohiba (and Cubans, in general)

I get more joy smoking Olivas. Well rolled sticks that don't break the bank.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
My go-to cigar has been, for more than 50 years, the Arturo Fuente 8-5-8. While I smoke a multitude of different cigars, Fuente's Hemingway series is prominent, particularly The Short Story. I also enjoy Cuban Romeo Y Julieta and Partagas, when available.

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
My favourites are Padron and Davidoff

I have several boxes of OpusX, all with at least 10 years of age and they are inconsistent.
Likewise with Cohiba (and Cubans, in general)

I get more joy smoking Olivas. Well rolled sticks that don't break the bank.
The last time I bought Cohibas I swore to never buy another one. Oliva has several cigars I like a lot. I tried their sampler last year and liked all of them but 1. Id had several before but it had some I hadn't tried like the Hellion.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
My favourite Cubans are Partagas and Cohiba
Such a pity their rolling and inconsistencies let them down so badly

At least with a pipe if it doesn’t draw well you can dump the bowl and repack

I enjoy smoking my pipes so much more than cigars that I reach for my cigars only 4 or 5 times a year

F

fMf Piper

I prefer the Mark Twain River Boat over the original though.
I haven't tried that one. I did try the Memoir, and it was okay, but not my favorite. I have been looking at the Riverboat and may have to pick up a 5 pack to try.