PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I'm a rather unsophisticated, occasional cigar smoker but I get a lot of mileage from the CAO brand.

I've enjoyed the "Around The World" series, showcasing the leaves from different places.

I love the Flathead Series, The Flathead 660 has a great flavor and usually does me in about 2/3-3/4 through the stick.

I think they also make the Pilon, which they use some voodoo or trickery to induce some fermentation that does something fancy sounding to the final product.

I find that I generally like the darker, more oily stuff over the pale, mild stuff. Those are all technical terms for describing cigars and you are all welcome to quote me at parties.... nnnn

1675203474665.png

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
I'm a rather unsophisticated, occasional cigar smoker but I get a lot of mileage from the CAO brand.

I've enjoyed the "Around The World" series, showcasing the leaves from different places.

I love the Flathead Series, The Flathead 660 has a great flavor and usually does me in about 2/3-3/4 through the stick.

I think they also make the Pilon, which they use some voodoo or trickery to induce some fermentation that does something fancy sounding to the final product.

I find that I generally like the darker, more oily stuff over the pale, mild stuff. Those are all technical terms for describing cigars and you are all welcome to quote me at parties.... nnnn

View attachment 198750

I had the CAO Italian I believe it was. Nice cigar. I get you on oily lol good way of putting it too.

Reactions: jaytex1969
1. Oliva Serie V Melanio - Exceptional taste but budget prices. I enjoy most (but not all) from Oliva

2. Padron 1926 Serie Natural - Exquisite cigar

Other than these two there are no hot favorites. However the following also needs mentions

3. 601 Blue Label Maduro- Average taste but very consistent and with a very satisfying dose of nicotine
4. My Father Le Bijou 1922 - Exceptional taste, but I think My Father has quality control issues. I smoked a LOT of my fathers and close to 50% had construction issues
5. La Aroma de Cuba- I like both the basic as well as Mi Amor
6. I did not explore Ashton much but I smoked through a sampler box and all were very good (I specifically remember VSG and Cabinet)
7. I generally enjoy most offerings from Caldwell - Favorite is The Last Tsar
8. I once bought an extremely limited edition Opus X. While it may have been the best cigar I ever smoked, I don’t prefer paying so much for a cigar. [ In general I don’t prefer consumables which are one time / occasional]

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
1. Oliva Serie V Melanio - Exceptional taste but budget prices. I enjoy most (but not all) from Oliva

2. Padron 1926 Serie Natural - Exquisite cigar

Other than these two there are no hot favorites. However the following also needs mentions

3. 601 Blue Label Maduro- Average taste but very consistent and with a very satisfying dose of nicotine
4. My Father Le Bijou 1922 - Exceptional taste, but I think My Father has quality control issues. I smoked a LOT of my fathers and close to 50% had construction issues
5. La Aroma de Cuba- I like both the basic as well as Mi Amor
6. I did not explore Ashton much but I smoked through a sampler box and all were very good (I specifically remember VSG and Cabinet)
7. I generally enjoy most offerings from Caldwell - Favorite is The Last Tsar
8. I once bought an extremely limited edition Opus X. While it may have been the best cigar I ever smoked, I don’t prefer paying so much for a cigar. [ In general I don’t prefer consumables which are one time / occasional]
I agree, but all of those are exceptional smokes.

Reactions: cshubhra

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Best cigar I can recall smoking in a long while is the Dunbarton Mi Querida. Very rich and pungent and the construction is just flawless. Even the cap was beautiful. The Class 34 Maduro No. 9 is a fantastic every day cigar. They’re dirt cheap and I’ve yet to have a bad one

Reactions: Coreios

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
Best cigar I can recall smoking in a long while is the Dunbarton Mi Querida. Very rich and pungent and the construction is just flawless. Even the cap was beautiful. The Class 34 Maduro No. 9 is a fantastic every day cigar. They’re dirt cheap and I’ve yet to have a bad one
I've seen those around and thought about buying. Might have to try them.

F

fMf Piper

The best cigar I have smoked so far, IMO, is the Oliva Series V Melanio. That was just a great cigar, but I find most Olivas are.

I also like the CAO Brazilia, Ghurka Governor's Private Reserve, and the Drew Estate MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured.

Maybe a bit off topic, but for budget/economy cigars the the Mark Twain (Original), Flor DeOliva, and Drew Estate Factory Smokes are all great.

Reactions: Coreios