PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
Vanilla and anise are the two I most smoke and enjoy.

My favorite vanilla is MB Vanilla Flake, and my favorite anise is Orlik Dark Strong and Half & Half.

I do love a good nut flavoring, sutliff maple walnut isn't bad, anyone have recommendations on good nut flavored aros?
Buckingham is available at SP right now. That's a really good aro. I rarely smoke aromatic tobaccos so I don't mind recommending it for fear of it selling out.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
My favorite would have to be the sweet tropical mystery fruit motif found in Drew Estate Grand Central and Stanwell Melange. A close second would be the straightforward vanilla one can find in Mac Baren Vanilla Cream or Lane RLP-6. Third place would be chocolate, such as in Drew Estate Central Park Stroll, and to a lesser extent, Mac Baren Burley London Blend. Oddly, cherry is toward the bottom of my list; Cult BRM is the only representative from that category I have jarred, for the occasional springtime craving.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Molasses which is used in a number of good codger blends; the liqueurs in Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic; anisette in various codger blends; rum, bourbon, Irish whisky; vanilla sparingly. There are probably others, but those come first to mind.

I find some cherry flavoring overbearing, but the premium cherry blossom blends are pleasant.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I need to find a good maple, because I love maple.
I like maple too. C&D Autumn Evening is ok. I like how it tastes and smokes, but the tin note throws me off a bit - sort of like a turned dairy product. My favorite maple blend is probably Wilke's Vermont Maple Cavendish. Their Rum and Maple is good too but I'm not crazy about boozy blends and they don't skimp on the Rum.

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
I like maple too. C&D Autumn Evening is ok. I like how it tastes and smokes, but the tin note throws me off a bit - sort of like a turned dairy product. My favorite maple blend is probably Wilke's Vermont Maple Cavendish. Their Rum and Maple is good too but I'm not crazy about boozy blends and they don't skimp on the Rum.
I have some Autumn Evening and I also find it just ok. Thanks for the suggestion of Wilke's, I'll definitely give it a try. I've been wanting to try their peanut butter blend as well.

Reactions: WVOldFart and timt

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
Whatever flavored Half&Half decades ago. I don't believe it's quite the same today, at least not in intensity. I used to operate a 988 Cat wheel loader while smoking a pipe, and it would stink up the cab--or perfume it, depending on one's perspective. It would "sublimate," to use a Jim Inks term, the diesel fumes. Could be my aging schnozzola, I suppose.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
My favorite aromatic would be mine of course. I find that as long as the tobacco use is quality, a nice topping can be quite enjoyable. Cult Blood Moon comes to mind. I sometimes use C and Ds Mocha as a mixer with BCA or the like. Those who like to stamp their feet at the mention of aromatics may do so. In fact, they should. The local Tiki bar is crowded enough as it is. My go to drink is a Manhattan, but if there is a Samoan Fog Cutter on the menu or a well made Navy Grog, I am ordering more than one. The world is too short and temperamental not to enjoy the flavors and smells that life has to offer. Now, if you don't mind, I may make my way to the Bootlegger and order a 1934 Zombie.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
My favorite aromatic would be mine of course. I find that as long as the tobacco use is quality, a nice topping can be quite enjoyable. Cult Blood Moon comes to mind. I sometimes use C and Ds Mocha as a mixer with BCA or the like. Those who like to stamp their feet at the mention of aromatics may do so. In fact, they should. The local Tiki bar is crowded enough as it is. My go to drink is a Manhattan, but if there is a Samoan Fog Cutter on the menu or a well made Navy Grog, I am ordering more than one. The world is too short and temperamental not to enjoy the flavors and smells that life has to offer. Now, if you don't mind, I may make my way to the Bootlegger and order a 1934 Zombie.
Reminds me of a story where a good Ole boy walks up to his friend at a bar, who is drinking some sort of electric blue drink. The GOB starts giving his friend some guff over the drink of choice. The friend responds, "someone bought it for me and it just so happens to be delicious. So enjoy your Bud Light while I enjoy my lovely, blue drink - you basic bitch."