PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2013
Robert Duvall is the best in the biz, my very favorite actor and a true gentleman. I think Morgan Freeman is quite good as well.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Just a few favorites.....
Male- Jeremy Irons, Clint Eastwood, Albert Finney, Jeremy Brett, David Jason and Lee Van Cleef.
Female- Audrey Tatou, Tara Fitzgerald, Helen Mirren, Julianne Moore, Juliette Binoche and Jennifer Ehle.

Aug 14, 2012
Actresses (chosen for looks only, in random order) early Nastassia Kinski, Bardot, Loren, Mansfield, Lisa Bonet, Penelope Cruz, early Eva Green, Mirren, Pam Grier. Actors: don't care

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
Morgan Freeman

Daniel Day-Lewis

Anthony Hopkins

Christoph Waltz

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
The previous post have named all my favorites, so I'll only add one not mentioned yet.
Not necessarily for her acting, but in her earlier movies I'm a sucker for Jamie Lee Curtis. What a body!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Can't argue with many of the names already listed, but I've got to put Robert Preston into the mix.
He was musical, he could dance, he could sing a bit and he had the chops to hold his own against John Wayne, Gregory Peck, Susan Hayward, Robert Mitchum, James Garner, Julie Andrews, Jean Simmons and so many others.
Preston was a mighty talent.
Fnord

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Some of these in my list are just actors I really enjoy watching, regardless if they were great or not (Edward G. Robinsons, Woody Allen and Cary Grant come to mind). Others are in here because I think they are superb talents that get overlooked because they didn't do "serious" film work (Vivian Vance and Francis Bavier come to mind):
Edward G. Robinson

Dustin Hoffman

Al Pacino

Robert De Niro

Cary Grant

Gregory Peck

Michael Caine

Woody Allen

Vivian Vance (Ethel Mertz on I Love Lucy). She was a superb comedian, and an under appreciated actress.

Frances Bavier (Aunt Bee on The Andy Griffith Show) Another under appreciated actress.
Actors: don't care
lol!
Johnny Depp is a celebrity created by Hollywood and is NOT an actor
If you said this about Keanu Reeves, I'd heartily agree; but Depp, whether you like him or not, is IMHO an excellent actor.

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
When I think of Mel Gibson it is as an action hero, not an actor. Same range as Stallone and Van Damme. Actor Daniel Day-Lewis in the "The Last of the Mohicans"

delivers acting and action.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I have to say Depp is a good actor. He was really good in Edward Scissor Hands, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Blow, Sleepy Hollow, Sweeney Todd, Don Juan DeMarco, Public Enemies, Alice In Wonderland, the Pirates movies, The Tourist, and Rango. That's an impressive body of work.
Also into Mark Wahlberg, Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, Edward Norton, Jeremy Brett (he WAS Holmes!) and David Suchet (he WAS Poirot!).
As for actresses I like Amy Adams, Drew Barrymore, Anne Hathaway, Goldie Hawn, Helen Mirren, Meryl Streep, and Glenn Close.

Aug 14, 2012
Some underappreciated actresses: Kyra Sedgwick, Thandie Newton, Bobbi Phillips, Eva Green, Alexis Dziema, Emily Mortimer.

Status
Not open for further replies.