PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
#1 - Savenilli 320ks

#2 - My Mixture 965 (for the time being)

#3 - Coke Classic

#4 - A book

#5 - Smoking my pipe while trout fishing The Plaute river in WY as the sun set over the foothills of the Rockies.

jfox520

May 24, 2013
#1 - Savinelli 804ks

#2 - Peretti's Smith's Own

#3 - Dark Roasted Coffee

#4 - A Scifi Movie

#5 - Smoking my pipe by the fire pit with my wife.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
This is all as of this moment and may change in 10mins.

1)- Old Medico Varsity Volcano

2)- Capstan Blue

3)- Warre's Warrior Port

4)- Book with music in the background

5)- Having a bowl while watching my wife talk to her bridesmaids during photos on our wedding day.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
1. Brigham 426 in the Chinook finish (4dot sandblast with black stain & nickel band)

2. MM 965 or Carter Hall

3. Coffee

4. Movie although music is nice while up at the trailer

5. Sitting in the early fall around the campfire by myself, still warm, dog at my side with a coffee in hand and my pipe, it was heaven on earth.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yes, changeable, but ...

My Savenelli Opera bent Rhodesian 673KS (Christmas gift from wife)

Tabac Manil Semois (sample from Forums member, entire package from

another Forums member)

Jamesons Irish

Great book best of all, but music, movies, TV, theater, visual art galleries, etc.

Sitting on the porch with my Mountain Laurel artisan carved pot-shape pipe rescued

from a family health crisis by my first bowl of Nightcap (surprise nicotine high)

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
5. The first time I lit up a bowl of Lat-heavy English in a college class where they had banned me from smoking cigars because of the smell. LOLOL [:)]

5. I've never had a really good answer for this question until last week. I took a mini trip by myself to visit with some friends and family. While on the road I managed to smoke 8 bowls and listen to 9 episodes and all the while kept thinking how awesome it was. Every time the questions came up, I kept thinking to myself, this is it.

5. Sitting on a hill in the evening watching the sun peek through the clouds over a lush spring pasture being grazed by the family horses.

5. Smoking a pipe after atop a frozen waterfall in Denali National Park that I had just climbed.

5. A great day hiking in the woods behind my house with my youngest daughter. I had a pipe that never eneded, and never went out. My daughter who was 9 at the time, led the hike, took us through some crazy terrain, and took us back to the house with perfect orienteering.

pipebaum81

Nov 23, 2014
1. What's your favorite pipe?

My Ferndown Bark Bent Bulldog
2. What's your favorite tobacco?

Loving Scott's Butternut Burley right now
3. What's your favorite drink?

Water. No joke. I learned to drink and truly enjoy it in my early 20's and I am so grateful.
4. When it's time to relax, is it a book, a movie or music?

Book and of course a pipe
5. What's your favorite pipe smoking memory? (Such a great question IMHO)

Best question. The responses have been priceless. I am a seven month newb so there isn't much to share. This New Year's just passed however was memorable. Deployed and without loved ones, I purposely was out at the DTA for arrival of midnight. With a pipe in hand, I spoke with my fellow servicemember-smokers and we congratulated each other on another year come and gone. Here is to many more fine memories.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
1. Nessie Goblin, Ligne Bretagne

2. F&T Cut Virginia Plug/ Fayyum Kake dependent on the weather

3. Sazerac made with Cognac and Absinthe

4. Dependent on mood, all have their place

5. Sitting on the back deck silently enjoying a smoke and cocktails with my wife as our children play in the yard.

fishfly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2014
Dubuque, Iowa
1. A GBD Americana #1970

2. Newminster English Luxus, or if I'm feeling flush, Balken Sasieni

3. Martini on the rocks. You can use cheap gin, but the vermouth better be good.

4. Reading RSS feeds

5. Sitting in the basement with my grandfather as he planed wood and smoked Prince Albert.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
1. What's your favorite pipe? A Kaywoodie bent billiard I restored that had to be modified into more of an apple shape because of a large burn on the front of the bowl.

2. What's your favorite tobacco? Escudo, which the above mentioned pipe smokes beautifully. I save Escudo for "treats" so I nev tire of it.

3. What's your favorite drink? Coffee or Diet A&W Rootbeer, depending on the time of day and my mood.

4. When it's time to relax, is it a book, a movie or music? Though not necessarily a book, reading.

5. What's your favorite pipe smoking memory? The first time I smoked a Missouri Meerschaum corn cob pipe and actually tasted the tobacco blend I was smoking. I hadn't been back on the pipe too long, a few months, after laying it aside for many years for cigarettes and convenience. At time time I was still experimenting with aromatic blends and had just visited the local tobacconist to pick up a few ounces of some new blends and a cob; I alwa thought they were a "gimmick" before reading so much about them on the forums and web in general. On the way home I got stuck in traffic behind an accident. While waiting I loaded a new-to-me blend in the brand new corn cob pipe and fired it up. Oh, my: Taste and actual flavor! This was a real eye opener to me as to what the world of pipes and tobaccos could be and a huge step forward on this wonderful journey of pipe-pleasure.

darthcider

Jan 24, 2014
Wales
Liable to change, especially the first two, but:

1 Blakemar sandblasted bent Rhodesian

2 At the moment, Presbyterian

3 Tea, generally

4 Music

5 Sitting with my dad in the back garden, just chatting

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
1. So hard to land on just one, but this Becker and Musico I got from Samcoffeeman is right up in the running. It is a beauty and a smoker!

self-bnm.jpg

2. SPC Plum Pudding.

3. Non A: Milk A: Ardbeg

4. Video Games with Music in the background

5. First that comes to mind is my first slow smoke last year at the SPC with my great friend Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.