PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Falm is the best along with spring. The temperature is just right to enjoy any genre of tobacco (aro, English, burley, va), but fall has the advantage over spring with lower humidity. At least, where I live at any rate.

Unfortunately, fall only lasts for a about a week here at the beginning of December, after summer finally gets the note it was supposed to end at least two months earlier and before it becomes winter.

attic_piper

Lurker
Sep 22, 2023
Central Virginia
Reporting in from the ol' attic with a late night bowl and can confirm it's ideal smoking conditions, at least here in Virginia. I'm partial to winter smoking as well, but last year's was so brutal I ended up smoking indoors during the coldest few weeks. Despite being so delicious never imagined that Ol' Joe Krantz would leave a room smelling so foul. Reminded me of the inside of a chicken coop in a mid-summer rainy day.

edit: I suppose an attic is technically indoors but I mean inside the house proper where there's heating :)

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
Im in Central Virginia as well and can attest that October weather is my favorite time of year. Leaves changing, cool crisp mornings and evenings ,reduction in the amount of insects outside. Less yard work and pleasant to sit out back watch the star’s without the light pollution out where I am and have a good smoke.
I do wish I had an attic conducive to smoking as it would be like having a real life honeycomb hideout.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
You poor baby! Must be tough living in one of the most beautiful places on earth. puffy

The Hawaiian islands are small, so that means crowded, and not many places that are beautiful.

Average median now is around $700,000, ultra expensive to live, lowest ranked education in the USA, massive homeless on the streets, and always seeing, running into crime, or seeing police, constant sirens, etc...

The majority of Hawaii is not beautiful, I’ve lived across the Pacific, and seen many of it’s island that surpass Hawaii.

You go out around decent sized populated towns in Hawaii, this is the beauty you’ll see.

AAF1BB0C-7276-419E-8EF2-492DF217913F.jpeg

8CD678C7-DFED-4CA4-8C85-E9C068DDD485.jpeg

We have a guy where I live, completely dressed in big black trash bags, over his entire body and feet.

Out here, is almost like Southern Cal or Florida...

This is the worst place in the USA I’ve lived, and I’ve been all over America, it’s just an image. But sure, if I only had LA or NYC to pick from, I’d stay.

Soon, me and the Mrs are leaving, and I can’t wait! I wish I never moved to this dump of a state! 👎

Take it from someone who lived here half of their life and raised a family here, it’s just a tourist image they want you to keep believing. :(

Yes, there are nice places here, but, there’s way to much crap, and it’s not worth it.

Let’s put it this way, you’d have to come from some real shit hole in the USA to want to live here, for the absolute insane costs, and the only way you’ll ever live that so called Hawaiian beauty, is you need to be extremely wealthy.

Google Hawaii news, and Hawaiian real estate and see the insanity, and what you get for your money, it’s a joke. :(

P.S. Sorry for off topic... :(

Last edited:

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
The Hawaiian islands are small, so that means crowded, and not many places that are beautiful.

Average median now is around $700,000, ultra expensive to live, lowest ranked education in the USA, massive homeless on the streets, and always seeing, running into crime, or seeing police, constant sirens, etc...

The majority of Hawaii is not beautiful, I’ve lived across the Pacific, and seen many of it’s island that surpass Hawaii.

You go out around decent sized populated towns in Hawaii, this is the beauty you’ll see.

View attachment 250892

View attachment 250894

We have a guy where I live, completely dressed in big black trash bags, over his entire body and feet.

Out here, is almost like Southern Cal or Florida...

This is the worst place in the USA I’ve lived, and I’ve been all over America, it’s just an image. But sure, if I only had LA or NYC to pick from, I’d stay.

Soon, me and the Mrs are leaving, and I can’t wait! I wish I never moved to this dump of a state! 👎

Take it from someone who lived here half of their life and raised a family here, it’s just a tourist image they want you to keep believing. :(

Yes, there are nice places here, but, there’s way to much crap, and it’s not worth it.

Let’s put it this way, you’d have to come from some real shit hole in the USA to want to live here, for the absolute insane costs, and the only way you’ll ever live that so called Hawaiian beauty, is you need to be extremely wealthy.

Google Hawaii news, and Hawaiian real estate and see the insanity, and what you get for your money, it’s a joke. :(

P.S. Sorry for off topic... :(
Damn! Shows what I know. :mad: